Votes: 29 27.9%
  • I Never Use My Foglights

Votes: 10 9.6%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm putting gas in my car the other day and this dude at the pump behind me is like: "what is it with you subaru drivers" and i was like "huh" what are you talking about, then he goes on to say "well why is it everyone who drives a subaru always has thier stupid fog lights on all the time"

i just answered, umm not sure buddy... and left it at that...

but it got me to thinking, i think 80% of subaru's i do see on the road actually are driving with thier fogs on , day or night...

in Canada we have the Day Time Running Lights, so we always have some sort of lights on, but most outbacks i see or foresters always seem to be pimpin thier fog's also...
and pretty much wrx's seem to be doing the same thing...

just wondering how many of us drive around with all our lights on...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I drive with my fogs on at night... A reminder to others in the area "SUBARU!"

Plus with the WRX, it just looks 100,000 times more evil at night with the dinner plates on!

I also flash my fogs at people as a second warning if the headlights don't get it through their head...
"GTF out of my way!"

or at ricer cars to provoke them to race
(seems to scare them away more than anything though!)

~ Dan (Zapix)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Most people just leave them on because all the lights will go off with the ignition switch. My wife leaves the lights on in her Forester all the time.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I used to have them on everytime it got dark, but ever since I put in hyper white bulbs I began to ration their use. Those bulbs look cool, but they burn out like crazy.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just leave all my lights on all the time..since they auotmatically turn off when u turn the car off..i dont even have to turn them on..

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
They're on only at night. Occassionally I'll turn them off at night, but it's rare. I just like the way they look.

OT, junaitari when did Mariah Carey say that? It's truely pitiful!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I only use mine when it is foggy outside. I'm trying to set an example to those that use their fog lights when they don't need them and have the extra bright lights in the back so you get blinded on the highway. I think they have those lights on some volvos and jags and audi cars. They drive me nuts.

Also cops notice fog lights and are more likely to check your speed cause ricers always leave their fog lights on. Maybe thats a reason why I haven't gotten a ticket yet (knock on wood).

·
Registered
291 Posts
i believe that Subaru owners are not the only people who uses the fog while driving. I was wondering about that for awhile then i notice that almost everyone with fog lights drive with them on.

·
Registered
77 Posts
pbenga said:
i believe that Subaru owners are not the only people who uses the fog while driving. I was wondering about that for awhile then i notice that almost everyone with fog lights drive with them on.
I've been checkin out other cars on the road as well. Most of the cars I see that have fogs have them on at nite. I don't really notice during the day... but at night it seems everyone with fogs has them on around my way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My wife wonders why she sometimes has trouble starting her car when she leaves the lights, stereo and windshile wipers on when she turns off the car.

HRTATAK said:
Most people just leave them on because all the lights will go off with the ignition switch. My wife leaves the lights on in her Forester all the time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
They are only ON at night!
During Daytime.. I show off my Sti Foglight Covers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd recommend you guys read this article. After reading it I'd only use fog lights during extreme weather conditions or possibly during heavy precipitation. The site also has some other interesting articles about HIDs, blue bulbs and other stuff.

http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/lights/fog_lamps/fog_lamps.html

Here are a few excerpts from the article.

"The fog lamps' job is to show you the edges of the road, the lane markings, and the immediate foreground."

"In clear conditions, more foreground light is not a good thing, it's a bad thing. Some foreground light is necessary so you can use your peripheral vision to see where you are relative to the road edges, the lane markings and that pothole 10 feet in front of your left wheels. But foreground light is far less safety-critical than light cast well down the road into the distance, because at any significant speed (much above 30 mph), what's in the foreground is too close for you to do much about"

·
Registered
779 Posts
Mine are only on at night. I like the way they look, that's all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts