ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was planning my first ever mod and Ithought that it will be pistons, so I found the Manley Subaru EJ257 pistons but am unsure if they fit in the Subaru wrx 2002 model, and please do let me know if pistons are the right way to go in terms of it being the first mod to my car, and if not, what do you suggest as a first upgrade?
Thanks for your response.

Sent from my HTC Desire 10 pro using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,668 Posts
I'd leave the car alone, particularly in light of the question.

The link courtesy of TheJ in my signature has more information on modifications if you insist. I'd walk away slowly though if I'm honest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd leave the car alone, particularly in light of the question.

The link courtesy of TheJ in my signature has more information on modifications if you insist. I'd walk away slowly though if I'm honest.
Just if you didn't know, I'm a young and new enthusiast and I am trying to learn more about cars in general so thanks for the response, sorry but I didn't understand why would you "walk away from the car"

·
28,668 Posts
I'd suggest walking away because your first instinct was essentially to remove the motor, disassemble the lower end, and replace vital components for no immediately apparent reason. Have a look at the links and read through everything because if you don't research this stuff personally you're asking for big bills and correspondingly large disappointments.

That aside, there's another reason I'd walk away: if the car runs, it doesn't need anything. If it doesn't run, it'll need something that you won't be able to provide without prior research -- and this point brings us back to the links.

I think you'll find them fun.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What do you want from the car? Daily driver, Autocross, drag race, track car, rally car or something else? Modding with out a goal gets expensive and frustrating. Tell us what the goal is so we can suggest a path.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you want from the car? Daily driver, Autocross, drag race, track car, rally car or something else? Modding with out a goal gets expensive and frustrating. Tell us what the goal is so we can suggest a path.
Personally, I'd like to transform it into a rally car

·
Æternum
19,963 Posts

Well then you should consult the rulebook of whichever jurisdiction will be enforcing the rules. Modifications in sanctioned rally are highly restrictive.

Who is your codriver?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Well then you should consult the rulebook of whichever jurisdiction will be enforcing the rules. Modifications in sanctioned rally are highly restrictive.

Who is your codriver?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
BTW,what I meant with rally is that it is a local "rally" car ( we have unofficial rallies in the mountain area) so I just have to abide by their jurisdiction.

And my Co driver will be samir

·
28,668 Posts
Tear out the A/C and all creature comforts and replace the motor mounts with solid fittings so that the car is hellishly hot and vibrates at any speed and any RPM, even standing still. Then snap a halfshaft and drain the gear box of all lube so it fails. Tow the car into a ditch backwards and you're done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tear out the A/C and all creature comforts and replace the motor mounts with solid fittings so that the car is hellishly hot and vibrates at any speed and any RPM, even standing still. Then snap a halfshaft and drain the gear box of all lube so it fails. Tow the car into a ditch backwards and you're done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts