Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my 02 scoobie wrx about 2 months ago & it already came with a apexi turbo pen timer already installed. from what i can see, my car has the stock turbo. i usually leave the timer on for a few seconds if i only drive short distances. but when i drive further i have it set for 60sec. do i really need this turbo timer? if so, how many seconds should i leave set for? any info will be greatly appreciated! thanx!

·
Premium Member
15,595 Posts
No, you don't need it.

Please take some time to explore the links in my signature.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Definition to "Search" - To post a general question then wait for wrxtreme06 to give in and answer.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
but can you be more specific on why i dont need it?

What part about "search" do you not understand? Is it the "sea" or the "rch"?

After typing that I realized it was pretty damn mean, and J is probably gonna yell at me. :redface:

But, seriously, my friend; Your question is a common one, there is plenty of pre-existing information that will answer it. Please, just spend a couple minutes looking for it, it will be more rewarding when you find the answers you seek.

·
Registered
468 Posts
so its a no. i got that...but can you be more specific on why i dont need it?
turbo timers keep the juices flowing on oil-cooled turbochargers to prevent what is called "coking". Subaru factory mitsubishi td04 series turbochargers are water cooled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you lordcon & everyone else who helped with info & not trying to bring peps down:bs:. all is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
15,595 Posts
thank you lordcon & everyone else who helped with info & not trying to bring peps down:bs:. all is appreciated!
Again, I encourage you to please explore the FAQ links in my signature. If you had done so previously as I advised initially, you would have already found all the information and links that the others have posted here... and much more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts