Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting the Eibach Prokit for a wagon ( Drops 1.3 front, 1.0 rear)
and I am wondering if the change in camber(with no other mods) will be helpful to handling or make it twitchy.

I cam currently running stock rubber and probably will continue to until they wear out and then I will likely go to 17's or 18's.

Is the camber bolt kit needed with this drop to get fender clearance or correct handling problems?

·
Registered
907 Posts
naaa...with only that much of a drop its no use wasting $$$ on a camber kit...

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
The stock camber settings are -.25 front, -1.3 rear. The front is adjustable- to ~ -1.5, the rear is not adjustable. You may get a little additional neg camber in the rear from lowering, but likely not much. The front should be increased (negatively) to a minimum of -1.0 and ideally -1.5. This will help balance out the car some and increase your contact patch when turning- both good. You will see little (or no) extra wear at these settings. I think you should be fine w/o camber bolts. If you need more than -1.5 front or less/more camber in the rear then you will need camber bolts or plates.

Big Sky

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not to sound too ignorant but I take that those values are measurements of degrees and that any decent shop capable of doing alignments can acurately measure and set those values?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts