Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Newb here, quick question on mods I would like to get but not entirely sure if a tune is needed and which stage?

Recommendations for a 6 speed 2017 wrx limited

I would like to mod the following

Air intake, looking into COBB
BOV
Intercooler
Down pipe

If anyone has brand reccomedations and shops for tuning in California (Los Angeles area) that would be much appreciated!

Angel

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
Hey Angel, Welcome to the forum.

I moved your post to a new thread in the correct section FYI.

·
Registered
338 Posts
find a reputable tuner and go talk to them. Tell them what your goals are and what your budget is. They will tell you what you can/cant do and what the risk is.

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
In fairness I made the title when I moved the post to the new thread - the question was specifically about what tune for what part, if any.

I don't know the new models and parts compatibility. The intake may have a OTS map available from Cobb, otherwise it needs to be actually tuned for A/F ratio. Per the older models an intercooler doesn't require a tune but doesn't really do anything without one. The downpipe requires a stage II map or tune - generally the most effective easy mod and the easiest to get an OTS map for. The BOV is unnecessary and if you don't use a recirc. unit like the factory one it can't really be tuned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello all and thank you very much! I went to a local shop and the people hooked me up with a COBB setup and a stage 1 tune with the accessport. I said no to BOV and just stuck with the big SF Intake. The tune is amazing!

I am going to hold on the downpipe for now though, lots of money and time for that project.

Again thank you all! The shop said the same thing about the BOV lol

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts