ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going from stock to cobb stage one or even 2, void your warranty?

I dont know much about this stuff. Thank you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It doesnt void your warranty but does give your dealer a reason to deny your claim (depending on the issue). If you have engine trouble then they could deny you but say your suspension goes out then your good. Has to be linked to the issue for them to deny your claim.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,205 Posts
If it doesn't cause warranty claim problems, it should. Otherwise, it wouldn't be doing anything.

A warranty agreement is just that, an agreement. They agree to fix a properly maintained car. You agree to maintain it correctly and use authentic parts. If one party ignores the agreement, the other party should be able to do so also.

Direct your concerns to Cobb, they should be able to address them as a maker of a variety of aftermarket parts. My short answer though is "yes."

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I understand.
Is there ways for example, having the kits installed by the dealer and having a piece of paper from them that states they wont deny your claim?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,205 Posts
Ok I understand.
Is there ways for example, having the kits installed by the dealer and having a piece of paper from them that states they wont deny your claim?
Even the SPT parts, that are official parts, affect the existing warranty. They therefore come with their own warranty.

A dealer that installs imitation parts and honours warranty claims nonetheless could be passing unwarranted (no pun intended...) costs onto SOA, who in turn are unlikely to simply eat them without at least considering passing them on to customers and/or closely examining even legitimate claims in the future.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
If you're concerned about a warranty claim, don't mod your car......it's only a 3yr/36k mi warranty on the drive-train....so if you're really worried about it, just wait.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you're concerned about a warranty claim, don't mod your car......it's only a 3yr/36k mi warranty on the drive-train....so if you're really worried about it, just wait.
3 Years/36k Miles is the full car warranty. The limited powertain warranty is 5 Years/60k Miles.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
herp derp....my bad. Idk what I was thinking on that one.

Ignore what I wrote.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha alright thakns guys.
Im new here but there seems to be alot of PA people here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts