ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for some bad ass coilovers and found these...

hks hipermax 2's (anyone have any reviews or reviews of other coilovers)...

im going to be driving my wagon in autox events and such.

i want to the coilovers to have aggresive spring rates, adjustable dampening, and ride hieght adjustment must be seperate from spring preload adjustment...

any input?!?!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I havent heard much about them, but make sure that they are wagon compatible since we have different front suspensions than the sedans.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTScoob said:
I havent heard much about them, but make sure that they are wagon compatible since we have different front suspensions than the sedans.
could i bother you to tell me the difference or dirrect me to an article that will inform me of the different designs

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Its probably one of the best track suspnsions but it rides very nice so its good for the street. 30-way damping adjustable allows for all kinds of tuning. Its the same model used on HKS' race cars, just with different spring rates.

They actually released a Hipermax RS, which is supposedly tested on the tracks and street all around the world. They call it "Global" since its been tested for use everywhere and I believe it has all the features of the Hipermax II. The Hipermax II was obviously developed for the JDM market, however, I haven't seen any issues with ride quality on or off the track.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SonicYellowWRX said:
Its probably one of the best track suspnsions but it rides very nice so its good for the street. 30-way damping adjustable allows for all kinds of tuning. Its the same model used on HKS' race cars, just with different spring rates.

They actually released a Hipermax RS, which is supposedly tested on the tracks and street all around the world. They call it "Global" since its been tested for use everywhere and I believe it has all the features of the Hipermax II. The Hipermax II was obviously developed for the JDM market, however, I haven't seen any issues with ride quality on or off the track.
I have e-mailed the manufacturer about fitting this supension on a wagon and am waiting for a response... but if anyone can give me any further fitting info it sure would help!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
afpdl said:
They are height adjustable coilover, wagon or sedan doesnt matter from what I have seen. It does matter if you are buying struts that are not height adjustable.
Perfect! Thank you!

Is my hieght adjustment decreased at all b/c I'm a wagon?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
No theres pleanty there. The issues with sedans and wagons is you cant get too much negative camber with sedan struts on a wagon. My wrx was a wagon I had coilovers, I had not issues.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I just know that the front strut mounts are different on the wagon due to different front suspension geometry junk.

I dont know how this will affect coilovers or not. I'm not very knowledgeable in suspension stuff at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts