ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get my sti tomarrow and my window sticker doesnt say anything about short throw shifter. My purchase agreement says my accessories are, 6 speed, all wheel drive, short throw shifter, auto dimming mirror, and upgraded security system. Anyway I told my sales person and she says the 05's all come with short throws and the option is for an upgraded short throw. Is this true, do they all come with short throws?

·
Registered
986 Posts
i have read that the factory shifter is refered to as a short shifter, however there is also an option for a 6 speed short shifter for around 400. i don't know for sure, but i would bet that all 05's do not come with the 400 option.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's still listed on Subaru.com as a ~$400 option for the '05 STI.

You should see "SHORT THROW SHIFTER, 6 M/T - STI" under "Optional Equipment and Other Items" on the window sticker if it has it.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Subaru used to/still does sell the linkage on the sti as the short throw shifter on the wrx so they call the standard sti shifter a short throw. They also have an optional shorter throw shifter.

So yes they all come with short throw shifters but there is still an option for a shorter throw shifter.

And moving this to transmission forum.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
yea my 05 sti has a short throw but it is not as short as my friends 04 wagen with his factory short throw shifter

·
Registered
14 Posts
The STOCK sti 6MT shifter is a short throw, compared to the wrx, it is 10% shorter. The Short throw for the 6mt is 10% shorter yet(so they say) and much firmer, and usually comes with the titanium knob.

I can verify this as, i have the option installed on my 05 sti.

peace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts