ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve read numerous times that the ECU needs learning time with base maps. How about the real time maps? Loading instantly = learn instantly?

Thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
so if i have the stock turbo and and use a map on thing say i get 17psi, if i get a vfv ihi 30 will it boost more with the same map or exact same. With the map that says u need a ihi 30 can i get an ihi like 32 and it still work?

·
Registered
479 Posts
paintbalinpaul said:
so if i have the stock turbo and and use a map on thing say i get 17psi, if i get a vfv ihi 30 will it boost more with the same map or exact same. With the map that says u need a ihi 30 can i get an ihi like 32 and it still work?
:eek: :eek3:

first off, if you're boosting 17psi on the stock snail you've got problems. No it won't work if you pop on a vf30 or 34. You need a new map because they will flow more air at the same PSI.

·
Registered
223 Posts
""VF30 map using 91 octane fuel. Requires VF30 turbo, STI injectors, stock intake, stock intercooler and turboback exhaust. 315HP / 295 ft-lbs. Cat Efficiency and EGT CEL's removed""

that is the map on the accessport there isnt anything other than vf 30 here, so does that mean accessport isnt the right thing for me if i get another turbo than that

·
Registered
0 Posts
burrito007 said:
:eek: :eek3:

first off, if you're boosting 17psi on the stock snail you've got problems.
Why? :confused:

I can sometimes see almost 17psi on my stock turbo. Usually 16-16.5, but if the weather is cool and everything is just right, it will touch 17. Also, I'm at sea level. If you're hitting 17 in the middle of summer in the Arizona highlands..... yeah, that would be a little odd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts