Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Follow this instruction if your USDM STI TMIC came with a y-pipe.

Problem:
You will notice that Y-pipe to turbo hose is about 1" short!

Solution:
Order 2" 90 degrees ID hose here for $38 shipped. You will have to cut about 1 cm to create a perfect fit.
http://www.stylinmotors.com/90Elbow.html

Problem:
Brackets will not align with the intercooler on passenger's side. It is perfectly normal for USDM TMIC to not correctly align with brackets. Why? because throttle body hose is about 0.5inch short.

Solution:
Intercooler to TB hose is about 67mm ID (too short @ 2" in length). You can order a 2.75" ID turbo hose (3" in length) from here if you decide to correctly mount both brackets. http://www.stylinmotors.com/turbohose.html

Problem:
WRX splitter and seal won't align correctly!

Solution:
order air splitter and seal kit from rally spec
RST-9085kit Air Splitter & Seal Kit MY02-03 $84
http://www.rallispec.com/

Installed pictures:

·
Registered
9 Posts
what modification would be needed to install on a 04-05 for the splitter and seal?

I am guessing just a 04-05 sti seal and splitter?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nvsn8 said:
what modification would be needed to install on a 04-05 for the splitter and seal?

I am guessing just a 04-05 sti seal and splitter?
I believe so. On my 02 WRX, I had to use JDM splitter and shroud.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i have an 06 wrx and i got an sti top mount sitting in my garage. which one should i get so that it will reach the hose to the turbo.like u said.. its 1inch short.
but theres alot off diff sizes to chose from. any specific one i should get?
thanx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks!

Followed your instructions and they worked flawlessly.

Stuff from StylinMotors was excellent too.

Wanted to pass on this info, this thread helped me so figured I would submit something of merit.

sylinmotors added a subie page. They now have inlet hose and a hose kit. I am going to order the inlet hose. let you know how it works.

·
Premium Member
8,436 Posts
With 06+ you need only the elbow. The throttle body is 1/2" longer due to throttle by wire instead of throttle cable. It has the same TB as the STI now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
so I brought this 06 sti tmic and the guy said hes keeping the y pipe and everything for his new iC. So I only get the core. Can I reuse the metal cast iron part from my 06 wrx and just order the silicon y-pipe that join the cast iron part (90 degree albow connected to the intercooler to the y -pipe)? What else do I need? Please advice.

Sam

·
Registered
750 Posts
so I brought this 06 sti tmic and the guy said hes keeping the y pipe and everything for his new iC. So I only get the core. Can I reuse the metal cast iron part from my 06 wrx and just order the silicon y-pipe that join the cast iron part (90 degree albow connected to the intercooler to the y -pipe)? What else do I need? Please advice.

Sam
towards the bottom of the page there is a link for a place called styling motors they sell a kit both for people with the y pipe and without. I ordered the hoses for mine from there

·
Registered
19 Posts
towards the bottom of the page there is a link for a place called styling motors they sell a kit both for people with the y pipe and without. I ordered the hoses for mine from there
Hi,

I understand I can get the silicone y pipe, what about the matel piece the connect the intercooler to the y pipe? Do I reuse the one on my 06? So Intercooler --> Metal piece --> y pipe. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts