Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,990 Posts
Thanks for the write up. Moving to Tutorial Forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2006 Wrx Tr?

Does these tuutorial work for 2006 WRX TR?

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Pretty much anything on the engine will be the same. Suspension and brake parts are different between STi and WRX, but still all the same basic mounting points (except the brembos).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there a specific reason that you would use ramps instead of jacking the car up other then convenience? I have a friend who warned me about using a jack with a Subaru. I don't see why using a jack and jack stands would be an issue when doing an oil change.

Thoughts or comments?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,436 Posts
Is there a specific reason that you would use ramps instead of jacking the car up other then convenience? I have a friend who warned me about using a jack with a Subaru. I don't see why using a jack and jack stands would be an issue when doing an oil change.

Thoughts or comments?

Thanks!

Because the jacking points are hard to get to and if you use improper jacking points use damage the car. Ramps are easy to use, safe and cheap.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
As somebody that has jacked up their car, I'd highly recommend getting ramps. I've worked on cars for about 15 years and the Subaru is the toughest one to find good jacking points on. As previously said, you can easily damage the car if you don't know what you're doing. There's only a couple of spots that are strong enough to withstand the force of the jack or jack stand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did my oil change last night, and holy crap does that oil pour out fast...

I got a little splash on the garage floor but it wasn't too bad. My old tercel was definitely allot easier to change the oil on.. lol

Any tips other then not using the hollow plastic oil pan since it barely kept up with how fast the oil came out of the pan.

--Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.