Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· The Disgruntled Veteran
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Been awhile since I've posted on here. Work keeps me busy as all hell but we gotta pay to play right?

Right now im sitting at 66k miles on my 15 WRX and prepping to do a clutch replacement as the clutch as been making bits more of noise as well as this odd whirring noise when starting from a stop.... dont know how else to describe it. Got better when I turned off hill assist.

Moving on, My current job I work at I have a full shop at my disposal... related maintenance items / tools I have are:
9,000 lb vehicle lift
Transmission / Engine Support Stand (Non Hydraulic)
Shop Air
Air Tools (Impact / Air ratchet)
Pry Bars
Standard mechanics hand tools (Metric)
Bench Griders / Die Grinders (Extreme clutch replacement?)

Basically, the only thing I dont have is a transmission stand / support.... Would you guys reccomend replacing the clutch the hard way and doing it on jackstands on the floor? I understand what needs to be done to prep the car and also have the subaru maintenance manual. Just concerned as I would probably be doing this solo and want to make sure I'm not going to screw myself out of a simple fix that could have been avoided....

Mechanical ability wise im more than comfortable / sure I can do the work but as I have not done a clutch job on a vehicle myself. I figured I'd ask.... (I fix helicopters)

· For External Use Only
3,884 Posts
Sorry I can't be more help but 66K on on your 15? holy crap man! I just hit 27K and thought I drove a lot, lol

· The Disgruntled Veteran
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.... I drive a lot...

Between being a reservist that drives 450 plus miles each way. Plus my last job and school were over 100 miles a day, 6 days a week. I do way more driving than I should lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.