ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know everybody and there brother have made their own thread for this same topic. But I wouldn't feel special if I didn't make mine. lol.

Start:

Clean up:

Car nekked:

Brock helpin' out:

Jeni helpin':

All masked off:

Playin' around:

Already getting cold, had to try and get the temp up:

Getting painted:

Important side:

Dave got some blisters, thanks for hooking me up:

Finished:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nothing beats going to the dark side :thumbup:

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
Looks good. :thumbup: I have to decide between repainting or powder coating mine now.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
looks like you did a great job but i'm not sure how i feel about the gloss paint. post daytime pics please?

·
Registered
149 Posts
LOOKIN good Alan =D :eek:

·
Registered
257 Posts
:thumbup: I love the stock wheels! Nice job, I'm liking the black on black.:)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I'll post up some day time pics. Plus maybe a couple snonut pictures since we got some fun stuff down on the ground. Hopped in the first open parking lot on my way to work to check out my snow tires, donut capability. It was good.

·
Banned
195 Posts
what kind/brand of paint did you go with?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Nothing beats going to the dark side :thumbup:
He's doing the Darth Vader theme. Jeni yell at me for suggesting RA-R. :sadwave: hahah it's all good though. Their car looks good.
View attachment 76370
looks like you did a great job but i'm not sure how i feel about the gloss paint. post daytime pics please?
The gloss make the rims look really good though, especially when you clean your tires and spray it with the wet tires look. It looks really nice when u clean up and when the sun hits it, it just ppoitfect.
Looking good! Next up, paint your calipers black :D
Alan probably should do that. I'm glad Alan hook me up by stopping me from doing yellow. Now my car got a black 'n red theme on my wheels n brake, headlights, and ra-r grill.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The office i was just moved from had 5 stations set up for custom powder coats i wanted to get my rims in there so bad. But that might be miss use of company resources :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
looks good :thumbup:

·
Registered
390 Posts
You need to do some tail tint now, and you're car will be fully Vader'd :thumbup:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These are somewhat daylight pictures. Really flat light this morning. Jeni was all stoked it was snowing. Like a little kid on christmas morning.

This was her snow man Moe she built on our truck after I left for work. lol.

what kind/brand of paint did you go with?
Rust-oleum glossblack 3 15oz. cans and used a can of their clear also. I don't like to mix brands of paint.
He's doing the Darth Vader theme. Jeni yell at me for suggesting RA-R. :sadwave: hahah it's all good though. Their car looks good.

View attachment 76370

The gloss make the rims look really good though, especially when you clean your tires and spray it with the wet tires look. It looks really nice when u clean up and when the sun hits it, it just ppoitfect.

Alan probably should do that. I'm glad Alan hook me up by stopping me from doing yellow. Now my car got a black 'n red theme on my wheels n brake, headlights, and ra-r grill.
Yeah, that was pretty funny bro. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Nice Job on the rims Alan! And you didn't even give me a ring when you guys were doing this lol. It's all good bro, i was probibly passed out from getting up @ 6Am that day or from school work. Wonder what white or black would look like on my car..

·
Registered
48 Posts
I really like the black wheels. I just do not know how they would look on my silver rex. I have been to tire rack, but still hard to tell. I think they would look good with the windows tinted.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Looks great on black. If you're doing the black/red theme then get some red pinstripe (1/4 inch) and put it around the rims' edges.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Looks sick al. nice job man :)
Cant wait to see the car at the next meet

1 - 20 of 41 Posts