ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 05 STI in for the first service. Told them I wanted full synthetic oil and also to rotate the tires front to back. The car felt a little funny on the way home and they didn't adjust the tire pressures so instead of 36 front 30 back I have 36 back and 30 front.

Also it looks liked they overfilled the oil. It is up past full into the spiral part of the dipstick. How bad is this? Is it important enough to fix?

Well, I guess I do it myself from now on. I would have done the first one myself but I didn't want any flack if any warranty issues came up early in the car's life. At least they know the initial service was done since they did the (halfassed) work.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i blew the engine on my 1992 mitsubishi montero and the shop said it was my fault because i put too much oil. So it is important so be careful! id level out the oil asap!

·
Registered
948 Posts
How many miles on the car?

I had my tires rotated because I had a coupon. They didn't change the pressures for me either. Went to a different dealer, asked them about pressures and they also stated that they don't re-adjust pressures. Its just something you have the request.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2700 when I took it in. The service writer said they adjusted the pressures when I talked to him at the cash register. I think the oil is about 1/2 or 3/4 qt. too much so I'm just going to leave it alone and do it myself next time.

Sort of a shame too. One of the reasons I bought the Subaru is because I thought the dealer organization was better than other brands. Apparently not.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dale_K said:
2700 when I took it in. The service writer said they adjusted the pressures when I talked to him at the cash register. I think the oil is about 1/2 or 3/4 qt. too much so I'm just going to leave it alone and do it myself next time.

Sort of a shame too. One of the reasons I bought the Subaru is because I thought the dealer organization was better than other brands. Apparently not.
Every dealer is different. There are good and bad Subaru dealers, just like every other dealer. It sounds like their oil change guy is just a bonehead.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Don't worry if it's overfilled a little bit. Our cars burn oil so give it 500 miles and it'll be back to normal. I just wouldn't drive it hard for the first 500 after the oil change. You really shouldn't do that anyways with synthetic as it becomes most viscous (slippery) at around 3,000 miles. Also, now that you have synthetic you don't have to change it for at least 5k miles. People have tested Mobile 1 though and found that it gets bad and needs to be changed at 18,000 miles. Makes me feel good about not getting the car in on time every 3k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts