ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I made a previous post about Disc Golf that spanded about two posts and was quickly filed into the archives, but this is different.

A friend and I are in the process of setting up a Disc Golf business. Right now we just have several used discs on eBay (our used discs, if your interested) to check see how well they sell. We'll probably have a few more sets of these auctions (assuming they previous ones go well) while we create a website and get the nitty gritty out of the way. Then we'll be able to sell brand spankin' new discs.

If anyone has any sort of feedback as far as questions or comments please feel free to ask. I'd love to know how many of you are interested Disc Golf or play it. Also if you would consider checking out the auctions or website (when we get it up) and think about buying from us. I'm just trying to get an interest check from as many people as possible.

Thank you very much.

PS. I figured it out.

1. Get Discs
2. Previously known as "?????", sell for profit.
3. Profit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
A few of us play every Sunday. Last week we played at Expo park in Aurora. We quit posting threads on it as there was only the same people going so we just called each other and set up a time and a place.

Nick C.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to remember if we played that Sunday, I think I was at work. A friend and I usually make it out to Exposition Park at least two or three times a week. Maybe we can all meet up sometime.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
DenverWRX said:
I'm trying to remember if we played that Sunday, I think I was at work. A friend and I usually make it out to Exposition Park at least two or three times a week. Maybe we can all meet up sometime.
Well, I hope you weren't the ass-hats in front of us with no shirts on, doing push-ups right at the basket for five minutes while we waited to play the hole. LOL! Talk about a whole toolshed!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha! That was definatly not us! If you see a bright, shiny moving object, thats probably me without a shirt on.

ALRIGHT! Did either of you bid on a disc? I just checked and we have one the Championship Orc and I couldn't be more excited.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'M YOUR FATHER said:
A few of us play every Sunday. Last week we played at Expo park in Aurora. We quit posting threads on it as there was only the same people going so we just called each other and set up a time and a place.

Nick C.
Are you guys playing this Sunday? If so, I'd be in. You'd probably get some free lunch out of me.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I've been interested in getting involved. Seeing as I do about eleventy billlion other things, it would have to be dirt cheap for me to get a bag and set of discs.

How much $ for a noob to start playing with a decent set-up? I really don't know. Looks like something I would enjoy though.

As for your business..... what's the competition like? Do you have a business plan and some analysis done? to answer your question, yes, I would check it out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jibco, awsome thanks for the feedback.

Well, we go out to Expo and we see at least five other groups of people out there. This is on weekdays at about 10am! We know of a couple Colorado disc shops but they're in Summit County and Ft. Collins. Gart Sport and Gallions sell them, but they're huge stores and sell for way too much (trust me, I bought from 'em).

We have more discs that we didn't even put up. They're not in great condition, but definatly still throwable. If you want to meet up sometime, we could probably get you a decent driver along with a mid-range for $5. If you choose to get into the sport more, then you can go with some of the champion plastics that we'll be selling. If not, then you've only spent $5. PM me if your interested in more details.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
When I was at my uncles house in wisconsin he had 2 holes set up in his front yard (its all flat grass, but alotta land) and it was pretty fun, though we weren't doing it seriously, kinda just throwing the things at the net lookalike thing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for anyone that might of bid on our discs, seven of the eight are being bid on, the last one is being watched, and there are still four days left till the auction ends. We'll also be putting some more up relatively soon and I'll make sure to post a link in here.

My friend and I are heading downtown tomorrow to fill out the neccesary paperwork for the Business License, Sales Tax License, and register our trade name.

So, any suggestions or wants for our first set of discs? I'm not sure when we'll get them, but I just want to get a feel for what people like.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
248 Posts
yea hes pretty fcking good, plays way to much. came down to visit me from arkansas and i barely got to see him cause he would play the courses around here.

·
Registered
198 Posts
A few of my friends and I are going to the new place in Aurora this Saturday at around noon give or take...would be cool to meet up with ya'll

1 - 20 of 22 Posts