Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people have digital cameras? Do you like your digital cameras or not?
I got a weak digital camera from sony it has 2 megapixels and a 3x digital zoom. Forgot what its called.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have a Fuji 2600, its a nice little camera 2.1 mp, 3 times optical zoom. I like it and it takes good pictures. It was only 220 bucks when I got it a year ago too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've got a Sony Digi Vid Camera, the DSC-PC120E.

As a video cam, its top of the line Sony, small in size and clear in quality.

As a digital still (pic saves on memory stick), the pics are clear and great, but it lacks features that you would normally find on a "standard digi cam".

·
Registered
26 Posts
***biGRed*** said:

dwnthehatch

how much are you going to sell it for?

i actually want to get a different one too.:D

I want $550 + shipping for it which includes a 4yr transferrable Best Buy warranty and a camera bag. I have all the manuals and the original box. I also have the original 16 mb memory stick.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I bought a Sony mini DV camcorder, and the still pictures are aweful. Turns out it isn't megapixel. Now I'll have to spend a few hundred more on a basic digital camera. What is a recommended megapixel to look for to have good quality pictures? Is 2.0 mp enough or is it worth it to bump up to 3-4mp? BTW, the DSC-S85 is now $500 new, but it wouldn't have the same warranty and bag.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think its because of the brand name, "Its a Sony!". Same thing goes when you buy TVs and computers.

And besides, they do make damn good consumer electronic equipment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why Sony?

This is my 4th sony camera. I have never had one fail on me. All of my electronic equipment at home is sony. I have bought a few off-name brands and have learned that you pay for quality.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the olympus c-2100: 2.1 mp, 10x optical zoom and 2.7 digital. Great camera.

Pics:

My next camera is going to be a 4mp.

I LOVE DIGITAL!

Dave

·
2,210 Posts
Not to hijack your guys thread, but I found Wonny's photos interesting. An observation I had is that you can tell from the background that it's a digital camera and not conventional film. The blurring looks 'wrong' somehow. Kinda what I would expect if I used photoshop to add blurring. It almost looks like chromatic aberration...

Otherwise I'm very impressed. I did not realize that digital had progressed that far (I'm a convention film guy). Does anyone know how image density compares between digital and conventional film? Eg. is it possible to say that x mp on a digital equates to y film speed using a 35mm, in so far as image resolution is concerned?

-Pace

1 - 17 of 17 Posts