ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So something has been bugging me lately, well not really bugging me but something I have noticed on the newer wrx's. I have kept it to myself but do any of you notice that the new scoop design resembles the old clock design ALOT?

I was wondering if maybe someone in the design department looked at the clock and said "I think I have an Idea for the new hood!" LOL, probably no truth to that but in a weird way I want it to be true!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,219 Posts
Consider that in the bugeye car, the IC scoop and the clock pod look similar, as do the side vents on the dashboard and the headlamps.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think this explains why I like the new hood scoop so much...

I really wanna retrofit one....but I just don't think it'd look right no matter how hard I tried.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
This isn't the first time subaru has had that style of scoop. The old Legacys had a more primitive style of scoop, the new WRX scoops seem like a modern evolution of that.

Sent from my Droid 2

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This isn't the first time subaru has had that style of scoop. The old Legacys had a more primitive style of scoop, the new WRX scoops seem like a modern evolution of that.

Sent from my Droid 2

LIES! your probably right

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
2.0Rs said:
I think this was the real turning point. This most resembles the current scoop.

I like Saabarus

·
Registered
380 Posts
I like Saabarus
Me too, but there's like 4 running around a local town with cat back exhausts, all driven by young fairly affluent men (And by that I mean highschoolers with rich parents), who are entirely too snobby for my taste, not to mention they talk endlessly about how fast their cars are.. One put STi tags all over it, an axle back, and called it a day. Meh. Really like the car, just not the drivers that I've met.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Me too, but there's like 4 running around a local town with cat back exhausts, all driven by young fairly affluent men (And by that I mean highschoolers with rich parents), who are entirely too snobby for my taste, not to mention they talk endlessly about how fast their cars are.. One put STi tags all over it, an axle back, and called it a day. Meh. Really like the car, just not the drivers that I've met.
Haha, while I can perfectly picture this in my head I have to say I'm not a huge fan of stereotyping drivers. It seems us Subaru drivers tend to get a bad rep among much of the automotive world due to one or two local tools who own WRX's. We should be above this :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Haha, while I can perfectly picture this in my head I have to say I'm not a huge fan of stereotyping drivers. It seems us Subaru drivers tend to get a bad rep among much of the automotive world due to one or two local tools who own WRX's. We should be above this :D
This is very valid :p Normally, I tend to stay away from it. But, Considering I'm 19, I feel that perhaps these young men of a like age, who attended a much nicer school with much more material wealth and such nice, proper parents.....Should behave more like young men, and less like prepubescent girls. I'm not really stereotyping though, because I'm sure there are reasonable drivers out there. Just as I know WRX drivers here who are decent...and those who treat it like an old honda civic. Before I spun a bearing, they tried to race me just about every time they saw me...I still get the finger and a certain vulgar synonym for kitty thrown at me every time I see them for not racing through a well patrolled, heavily trafficed 4 lane 35 mph zone, with business's and traffic lights everywhere. I sincerely hope that there aren't many WRX drivers who would fit this type.....But I'm pretty sure there probably are.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
but I just don't think it'd look right no matter how hard I tried.
Nor would it funtion as well :)

I like the newer scoops too. I drove the GF's LGT to work today and I always feel like something is missing when I drive that thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts