Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8,660 Posts
Flyboy said:
Sounds like you started out in 3rd gear instead of first if you reved it up to 6000 rpms and it wouldn't move.
This happened to me the night I drove away from the dealership. See, my WRX is the first MT I've ever had. So I was learning as I was SLOWLY getting home. I got to this light, and it turned red. A new MT driver's worst nightmare. When the light turned green my car stalled. I continued to stall through THREE LIGHT CYCLES!!! Finally, I reved it high and the car began to move ever so slow. When I tried to shift to what I tought was supposed to be 2nd, I realized that I was trying to take off in 3rd. After wiping the gallon of sweat off of my forehead and sleeping on it a few nights, I found the situation to be funny. But at that moment, I could have sworn that it was the worst moment of my entire life:D.

· Registered
8,660 Posts
Yeah...I felt like I was torturing my car, but if you think about it it's a new car; therefore, it should be able to handle a little more abuse. At least that's how I justified it to myself so that I could sleep at night;).

· Registered
8,660 Posts
is2scooby said:
I learned to drive stick on my first new car, too. Except I'm *OLD* so that happened to be a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. I smoked the clutch on many an occasion in that car and it lasted until it whimpered it's last breath @ 63k miles...

No worries!

Aloha,
Richard...

P.S. That car got it's teething done around the Bay Area, S.F. CA... THOSE are some hills! *shudder*
Damn...you're old...j/k:p. Well that's reassuring. I hope mine lasts as long.

· Registered
8,660 Posts
BlueScooby said:
My WRX has 9000 miles on it and my clutch is already shot. The dealership is replacing it under warranty though.
That's cool dude...how did you manage that? Is this your first MT or the clutch just sucked?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.