ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres the deal. I just bought a used set of 05 wrx crucial racing sport springs. The only thing im wondering is...how do I know there not just the stock springs? The ones i bought are black and kinda dirty so i cleaned them up and they look like they could be after market but I cant tell until i take the stock springs off of my car. I read somewhere that crucial racing springs are blue, but maybe they come in black too? Also on one of the springs there was purple underneath the black paint? Im just hoping i did not buy a stock set. Anyone know how to tell if there legit without taking off my stock ones to compare?
thanks
hope this wasnt confusing

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also the springs do not say crucial racing anywhere on them or have anykind of serial number that i can see...

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
60 he was asking 80 but talked him down to 60
yeah...not sure about that. Doesn't even seem like crucial racing has a website that is up anymore to find out what the original pricing was. Honestly, its a crap shoot. I personally wouldn't buy used springs but thats just me. Anyone can pain springs and claim its something and on top of that, you never know how much wear the spring has endured.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know i was kinda weary about buying used springs but ive only heard good reviews about the springs. Ya 60 was the most I was willing to pay for a set of used ones.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I know i was kinda weary about buying used springs but ive only heard good reviews about the springs. Ya 60 was the most I was willing to pay for a set of used ones.
If you decide not to put them on and want a set of a new springs, let me know. I'll give you a good price and you'll be buying from someone reputable ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ill keep that in mind. you must have some experience with springs then?...did u ever notice purple on your oem springs? The ones i bought have a lil purple underneath the black coat.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
thanks ill keep that in mind. you must have some experience with springs then?...did u ever notice purple on your oem springs? The ones i bought have a lil purple underneath the black coat.
On my car when I got it, it had Tein springs on and I replaced them with something better...I don't know what they look like unfortunately.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Sounds a little sketchy if you ask me.....

Crucial Racing springs are blue. Crucial Sport springs are black, but they have white markings in two places. Here's a picture of what they look like:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thanks for the pictures. ya they do not look like the black ones. if i posted a pic of them would someone be able to tell me if there oem or not?
thanks in advance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts