ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I started my car this morning and I'm going along and the car is REALLY slow when I hit the gas. The boost gauge won't go over 0 but will go on the vac side. The blow off valve doesn't work and there is no CEL. From my little knowledge I think I blew the turbocharger. My car only has 31,000 miles on it will no major mods. Is the car still safe to drive? How long does this take to fix at a dealership?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Check for loose vacuum hoses. One may have come off somewhere near the intake box or the turbo. You could take a length of fuel line or vacuum hose, start your car and use the piece to listen for leaks in the engine. Place one part of the hose in your ear and use the other end to search around your engine bay for vacuum leaks. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked all the hoses and nothing is leaking or disconnected. My friend took a quick look at it and he pulled the hose off the end of the TurboXS BOV and he said it wasn't sucking any vaccum and that the turbo is just not spinning. He can't figure it put either. Any other suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts