Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone got rims for their cars, any pictures would be nice too because I'm shopping for some rims for myself :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I purchased 17" Speedline Super Turismos for my red WRX. This wheel is being discontinued, but there is a new wheel that looks similar that Speedline just introduced. The tires are Toyo Proxes T1-S. I really like these wheels too!

Punk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just about to ask you what wheels those were, Punks. I'll be putting P1s on my silver wagon, that I'll be picking up tomorrow. A guy over at i-Club posted shots of his silver sedan with the P1s, and it looks fantastic. Classy yet badass.

Kevin

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got some Volks for my Blaze Yellow WRX. Check it out. Not lowered yet. Waiting on my Cusco coilovers (a couple weeks).

You can go to my website for a couple more viewsweb page

Oh tires are kuhmo 225/40/18. There is plenty of clearance on both sides right now. No rubbing. Will post more results when lowered.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey PunksWRX, nice rims!

Is that picture taken in Garden of the Gods?

Just curious, I just move from Co Springs last October.....

I worked at HP on Garden of the Gods rd. :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
atlien,

How's the ride like with 18's? I wanna go 18 but afraid it'll be too harsh. Also does it feel much slower due to the increased size?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Atlien - very nice... Volk wheels are outstanding, and they look really good on your WRX...

if I may ask, could you tell us where you got the rims/tires?

thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honestly, other than trying to follow every imperfection (rut or groove) in the road, its as good as stock, even my girlfriend can't tell a difference. No extra noise, no harshness, nothing. I was really surprised. I got the rims from Powerhouse Racing in Florida. Bottle kicks ass. He was always calling me to let me know when they would be in (got here in 5 days from ordering), or checking to make sure I was happy with them, totally impressed. I will definately send business his way whenever I get a chance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
BayWRX
Sorry forgot to answer your question. I can't tell that its any slower but I only drove it for like 30 miles home from the tire store (mounted the Kuhmos) before I put on an MBC. Slower is not a word I use to decribe the WRX :) The combo of the volks/kuhmos vs the stock/re92s weighed exactly the same on a bathroom scale (not that accurate but should be repeatable) so I don't think there is that much or a penalty, maybe a small increase in rotational inertia.

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey ender,
i'm not a big fan of all things chrome but they look pretty tight on your car. nice pick, i love the blue wrx, but seeing all these tight black ones, makes me rethink a little,...good job

·
Registered
53 Posts
Kenneth,

Yeah the pic was taken in the Garden of the Gods at High Point. Beautiful there huh? There is quite an active Impreza group here in the Springs. We should hook up sometime!

Punk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts