Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any mod friendly dealerships in the DFW area?? When I took a test drive at Central Subaru the WRX guy actually recomended me getting an aftermarkt exaust to eliminate CATs and open up flow, but I dunno if they'll try to void my warranty. I need to find a dealership around here that will honor my warranty if I get a new exaust..

·
Registered
148 Posts
actually huffines used to sell COBB tuning packages for their rex's...dunno if they still do as COBB moved to Utah...but im pretty sure they are mod friendly...

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hell yea!!:D

I was sooo hoping I would be able to get that exaust.. that was the only thing holding me back

I'll go ahead and ask someone there about it when I take my car in to get the subwoofer fixed

·
Registered
101 Posts
I bought my car from central as well, were really great about everything. The guy I bought the car from was cool, he owned a a silver sedan I recommended some mods. I really liked dealing with them, does anyone know whether they are mod friendly or not.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sharky NRK said:
I bought my car from central as well, were really great about everything. The guy I bought the car from was cool, he owned a a silver sedan I recommended some mods. I really liked dealing with them, does anyone know whether they are mod friendly or not.
No!
And neither is Arlington Auto Mall.

Try Huffines Service Dept. They're are top notch!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow that is too bad, thanks alot for the info though, now I no for sure I am going to go to Huffines when I need service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't had any problems with Central, so I can't say anything bad, but I do know that for "mod friendly" people no dealership will just turn their heads away. Just make it "look" as if it wasn't the part that made stuff break :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm in plano as well, and I am looking into getting a WRX and need a really badass price on one(to be able to afford it haha)
But not alot of these dealerships have used WRX's :((huffines is the only one that does.)

So everyone reccomends the one in lewisville ? I hear the one in plano isnt to shabby.....

:confused:

~Xonya

·
Registered
148 Posts
if i were you i would go to Huffines...they are very competitive price wise...go to central in plano first and get a price quote in writing you think is affordable, then go to Huffines and they will more than likely match it or beat it...good luck!

p.s. good color choice;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Its going to be 4months before I am able to get a WRX(part of my dads rules) but that gives me ample time to find a job and save as much money as i can for a downpayment .. :p

When I go to look at WRXs around january, febuary, any dallas/lewisville guys want to show me the ropes seeing as this will be my first car ...ever ?

~Xonya

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went to Central to buy a WRX. They couldn't find keys to the first one I wanted to test drive. Then only offered to wash the bird droppings off of half of the car for a test drive, yes only half the car would be clean. I immediately left there and drove to Huffines in Lewisville. I found the car I wanted and got the pricing. Got the paperwork filled out the next day and have enjoyed my WRX since. As for being mod-friendly, my WRX came from Huffines with Cobb cat-back and 17" Technomagnesio wheels and a whopping 8 miles on the odometer.

Drive to Lewisville, it's worth the gas to not be frustrated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Xonya,

Check out Gilman Subaru North in Houston (if you want to make the drive). When I was looking at brand new leftover '02's back in August they were willing to come down $1800 off MSRP. I just get the impression that they don't sell WRX's near as well as dealers do in Dallas, not as hot of a market. With the new body design coming out and STI, they may be desparate to get rid of some left over '03's in 4 months.

I bought mine at Central Kia/Subaru but that's because I liked the salesman. He was technically competent. He even helped me install my STI front strut tower brace. He had to relocate the condenser hose and horn. I only got $800 off MSRP but money wasn't a big factor for me.

Here's the website to that Houston dealership.

http://www.gillman-north.subaru.com/en_US/

·
895 Posts
in general, Gillman's dealerships have been pretty good in terms of service and such - considering how there's only 3 dealerships in houston...heh

anyways, gilman south is building a new location and will open up on the 16th i believe - i got a pretty good price on my wrx whe i got it

·
Registered
106 Posts
Penguin King,

Just curious, how much did they come off MSRP?

Yah, they seemed really nice at Gilman, No B.S or sales pitch. Just straight to the point.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts