Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before and after pics. Just got the headlights in yesterday and they look great. All bulbs will be in next week so then I can aim them and check out the light output.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Grille Blue Automotive lighting

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All bulbs came in thru USPS yesterday.....gonna put them in this week eventually. Owned the car for 21 years but the headlights are brand new. 😄

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got all bulbs in (all LED) but the low beam bulbs aren't working. Parking lights, blinkers, and high beam all work....just not the low beam. Gonna have to check to make sure the harness for the PnP is correct. New fog light bulbs and tag light bulbs also work. Just not the low beams. Very odd.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
30,428 Posts
Double check the harness. If memory serves our cars use a switched (-) arrangement -- switched ground or switched earth etc.

and for ideas maybe here

but the mother of all threads on Depot lighting in a bugeye, the one that will not leave you time to drive the car until 2025, is here:

and it seems the low beam is affected by polarity, which might be your issue (I am only speculating but I'm not worried because if you butcher your headlamps you won't be able to see me anyway...). See:

and also see:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info. I have read all those posts. My PnP harnesses are actually wired correctly. Gonna have to check the bulbs next to see if they are actually working then check the connections since the harness doesn't fit very well to the factory plug.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are they LED bulbs designed for halogen systems? Some of them don't function correctly without a piece inline that controls voltage.
Yes...supposedly. Every bulb I replaced was LED and they all work well except the low beams which dont work at all.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After several tests, I assume the H1 bulbs were defective. I replaced the H1 led bulbs with Sylvania Silverstar halogens and everything works perfectly. I also replaced the 9005 leds with Silverstars just to match. My low beams turn off when high beams are activated so maybe a relay to keep on lows will be in the future.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts