1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Stopped With Rocket Launchers In Downtown Denver
Spent Tubes Confiscated By Police

POSTED: 5:19 pm MDT September 2, 2004

DENVER -- A man waiting for a Greyhound bus in downtown Denver caught the attention of police Thursday. That's because he was carrying two military rocket launchers.

Denver police carry away two empty rocket launchers confiscated in downtown Denver Thursday.

The man told police he had gotten the empty shoulder-fired rocket launchers from his brother, who had just returned from fighting in Iraq. The launchers apparently can be used only once and are then discarded.

The man was taking them to his son in Chicago, but police confiscated them, even though they are legal. Officers were worried the sight of the rocket launchers might cause panic among those who didn't know they were already used.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
:rotfl:

Imagine walking into a grocery store with some spent rocket launchers all non-chalant in the produce section. That would make a funny hidden camera skit if it didn't cause the SWAT team to be called in. :D

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Meh... this sort of thing happens all the time. I don't even bat an eye lash.

:)

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
common sense must not exist in the mans head.

its not the polices fault!

THE GUYS WALKING IN THE BUS STATION WITH ROCKET LAUNCHERS!

most of the time i would think thats a situation where you act first and ask questions later.

but what do i know...i dont see many guys walking down the street with RPGs.

im in boston, not bosnia.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I didn't say the the was bright, but honestly, why don't cops start taking our McDonalds cause they are worried we're going to get fat. The guys an idiot, but broke no law, they have no right to take his spent stinger tubes.

-Ryan

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Ry-Guy said:
The guys an idiot, but broke no law, they have no right to take his spent stinger tubes.

-Ryan
Idiot + rocket tubes = ...

I don't know, but I think there are quite a few creative idiots out there, don't you?

I have called Binladyboy and idiot many times...

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I agree wholeheardedly with Ry Guy. It said they were legal, why would they confiscate them? I mean, they are no more dangerous than a length of pipe.

How would you like it if the cops confiscated your car because they thought it might cause panic among the Civic drivers?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
mcdonalds = getting fat = youre own damn fault

RPG (unknown at the time they were used) = possible terrorist, crazyman, killer, etc = probable lots of dead people = take control of situation, ask questions later.

these days you cant just walk around with 2 RPGs and think its ok! you can hardly **** anymore without an ID and someone watching to make sure youre not pulling a bomb out of your booty when all youre doing is wiping.

shoulda mailed them to his kid in the first place.

i really think he did this as a stunt. noone in their right mind would do something like that.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
gusto said:
mcdonalds = getting fat = youre own damn fault

RPG (unknown at the time they were used) = possible terrorist, crazyman, killer, etc = probable lots of dead people = take control of situation, ask questions later.

these days you cant just walk around with 2 RPGs and think its ok! you can hardly **** anymore without an ID and someone watching to make sure youre not pulling a bomb out of your booty when all youre doing is wiping.

shoulda mailed them to his kid in the first place.

i really think he did this as a stunt. noone in their right mind would do something like that.
Sorry, whether you disagree or not, the law agrees with me:

these days you cant just walk around with 2 RPGs and think its ok!
Apparently you can ;)

The man was taking them to his son in Chicago, but police confiscated them, even though they are legal.
The only one who broke a law here was the cop.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Yep, I would rather wait for him to shoot first.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
gusto said:
How many here can tell the difference between used and unused rocket launchers?

lets see a raise of hands. military personnel excluded
I can. Matt (aka scoobie1) has one at his house. I've played around with it before. It's nothing but a metal tube. You can see all the way through it.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Fixxxer said:
I can. Matt (aka scoobie1) has one at his house. I've played around with it before. It's nothing but a metal tube. You can see all the way through it.
ASSUMING these are being carried in a bus station. not sitting at your buddies house.

GOSH!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
gusto said:
How many here can tell the difference between used and unused rocket launchers?

lets see a raise of hands. military personnel excluded
I never said he wasn't a sitting duck for a road side Q&A session, but once he said they were empty a quick inspection of the hollow tube should have been enough to let him go. None of this, take it cause it might cause a disruption crap. In that case we need to cancel the RNC, because it's causing one HELL of a ruckous in NYC. (I'm a-political, so don't think that's a pro-Kerry comment).

-Ryan

1 - 20 of 50 Posts