ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
What are the price tags for each of these. Isnt one of them supposed to come gutted (w/out AC) for 26ish?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skyjock41 said:
What are the price tags for each of these. Isnt one of them supposed to come gutted (w/out AC) for 26ish?
yep that is the RS edition

·
Registered
172 Posts
None of the previous year models have ACD right ? Isnt it the first time on USDM Evos ?

I heard on Topgear that ACDs make the Evos handle like a F15 fighter plane. On slaloms ACD Evos rule the STI despite the power diff.

·
Registered
647 Posts
i cant wait til the evo's have been here a while and mitsu fixes there financial problems. Then ill be hittin one of those (maybe the evo 10 by then, hahaha)

·
Registered
389 Posts
still no damn side air bags huh? ACD is awesome but I don't feel like I'm missing out on much, I'm still happy with my 03 for now anyway! I'm getting a little tired of hearing about the MR, I can't imagine what it is like for people that don't even own an EVO!

·
Registered
82 Posts
v8killa said:
My turner mag says 293hp for the MR and 12.6 - 12.8, 1/4 slips
that's what I thought, is it possible the U.S. gets a different MR version? I remember reading about a different turbo.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I've had my '04 for like 2 months.....and I'm already having "other car envy" (namely STI's and EVO's). I just keep thinking to myself, "Would the difference in payment/insurance have been that much more?? :("

Oh well, gonna suck it up and realize that my car owns and that there will always be faster, better cars coming out that I'll want....

...and someday will own :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
flyingace said:
I heard on Topgear that ACDs make the Evos handle like a F15 fighter plane. On slaloms ACD Evos rule the STI despite the power diff.
I think that's Super Yaw Control intead of ACD.

·
Registered
426 Posts
dukmahsik said:
http://features.evolutionm.net/newsitem/75

275hp and 286tq for ALL models now
ACD standard on ALL models

:eek:

people have taken deliveries already :mad:
Hmm...if these specs are true, I wonder how the MR will compare to the STi in a straight line. I don't know how much weight Mitsu shaved off the MR, but I know the stock (Evo & Sti) weights were pretty close with the evo being around 50lbs lighter.

Also, I remember reading one of the old STi vs. EVO comps and it said due to the STi's 6spd and quick gearing, you have to shift to third right before you hit 60. Something that did not have to be done in the EVO due to it's 5spd. I wonder how the MR's new 6-spd will affect it's times.

I like the MR, but Mitsu's money troubles will always sway me away from buying one. And besides I like my Sti more. ;) :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mr has been tested to run 12.7-12.9 at over 107mph stock us version

mr is 300lbs lighter than the standard evo

1 - 20 of 28 Posts