ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im having a tough time deciding which intake to buy for my '11 wrx hb. i know it will need to be tuned so im going to buy the cobb ap at the same time. i think im down to choosing either the cobb sf intake, or the aem cia intake. im looking for power more than sound although if i can get both that would be great. ive been reading that a bov isnt a great idea, so if i want to hear the turbo the cobb sf is good, but aem may gain more hp. any suggestions would be appreciated.

also.....what about the stock airbox? do i need an airbox at all or just the pipe and filter?:confused:

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
an intake on the 08+ cars is a good enough mod, since your in canada and you get snow Id personally go with the COBB

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
The '09+ reacts better to intake upgrades than previous WRXs, but neither one is going to net you that much power without properly tuning for it. If you go the Cobb SRI route, get the airbox as well.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I'd go AEM personally. It's a CAI versus short ram, which will just suck in hot engine compartment air. I have no love of intakes but as others have posted, the newer cars seem to respond much better to intakes than older models, so I have an AEM sitting next to me that's just waiting to get installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts