ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do yous think i cant afford new injectors at the momeent i want to decap my injectors with a new fuel pump as well walbro 255

My mods
Tts big td05 16g
Avo intake inlet with stock airbox and resonator delete
With a k&n drop in
Oil catch can
Turbosmart mbc 15 psi
50/50 gfb bov
3" TBE catless dp and decatted uppipe
Tuned my self

RomRaider • View topic - Modded (decapped) WRX stock injector tuning

My qeustion is can i just set these values as a base and work on it will the car be usable ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My idc are at 75- 80 % on 15 pounds boost i wanna get around 17 qu pouns like i was on my td04

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
What does your tuner think about modded injectors? I know some tuners won't want to use them. Modded injectors can be kind of tricky to tune properly. Depending on the injector the tip in might have to be played with to get it running right. I'm also pretty sure modded injectors don't scale like most other injectors.

I think if your tuner has plenty of experience with modded injectors and doesn't mind using them then you should be fine. Of course it's always a good idea to have them flow tested to make sure there isn't too much varience.. I know Witchhunter used to provide a flow testing service.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does your tuner think about modded injectors? I know some tuners won't want to use them. Modded injectors can be kind of tricky to tune properly. Depending on the injector the tip in might have to be played with to get it running right. I'm also pretty sure modded injectors don't scale like most other injectors.

I think if your tuner has plenty of experience with modded injectors and doesn't mind using them then you should be fine. Of course it's always a good idea to have them flow tested to make sure there isn't too much varience.. I know Witchhunter used to provide a flow testing service.
Well im going to tune it my self its my first time.tuning injectors thats why i ask will those values work the link i have put there

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
Your safest bet is to buy the correctly sized injectors. It'll be easier to tune. Its not the cheap option, but it is the easiest option. Especially if you're tuning yourself the learning curve is pretty steep.. why add another variable?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts