ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short:
Had Tein S tech + KYB Gr2 on 2002 wrx for a while. Was to stiff and not controlable, installed 06 WRX springs paired with GR2's, still the same exept i won't hit bumpstops anymore and a bit softer over Tein S techs.
thinking about buying Tokico D-specs + spring that will give me smoth ride over rough denver street + some control with adjustability of Dspecs.
I need to know what will do the job well for DD, and won't be stiff and harsh.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Hey Volod. Have you thought about swifts, epics, or RCEs?

sorry you're not pleased with the stock springs :(... but at least now you're not limited to just 02-03 springs.. you can do 04-07 springs with those top hats.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
TiC offers RCE Blacks, RCE Yellows, or Swift Spec-R's.. those guys know what they're doing, so I would go with their offerings. Personally, I would get the RCE Yellows with D-Specs.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TiC offers RCE Blacks, RCE Yellows, or Swift Spec-R's.. those guys know what they're doing, so I would go with their offerings. Personally, I would get the RCE Yellows with D-Specs.
Ok, i had Tokico's before on my 03 WRX wagon. Those are super sweer struts, i had them paired with stock springs at that time. Now i want soft ride, so i need soft springs, and i can adjust tokico's to work with them. I don't want stiff ride coz it is DD and + i'll have baby soon, so i want to soften up a bit and at the same time be able to make it stiff when i want to.
I know sounds weird, but it just me ....

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Ok, i had Tokico's before on my 03 WRX wagon. Those are super sweer struts, i had them paired with stock springs at that time. Now i want soft ride, so i need soft springs, and i can adjust tokico's to work with them. I don't want stiff ride coz it is DD and + i'll have baby soon, so i want to soften up a bit and at the same time be able to make it stiff when i want to.
I know sounds weird, but it just me ....

I would call Turn in Concepts and ask what the suggest. My Eibach Pro Kit springs ride pretty nice because they are progressive rate, but they're still stiffer than stock. I think the options I listed are probably all linear rate springs, which will handle better, but can be a little harsher with the every day bumps.

- Turn in Concepts

For what it's worth, my 21 month old loves riding in my car because of the stiff suspension. Every time I take a corner, or go over a speed bump she's yelling "wee!!" from the back seat, lol. Makes me smile. :)

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would call Turn in Concepts and ask what the suggest. My Eibach Pro Kit springs ride pretty nice because they are progressive rate, but they're still stiffer than stock. I think the options I listed are probably all linear rate springs, which will handle better, but can be a little harsher with the every day bumps.

- Turn in Concepts

For what it's worth, my 21 month old loves riding in my car because of the stiff suspension. Every time I take a corner, or go over a speed bump she's yelling "wee!!" from the back seat, lol. Makes me smile. :)
He-he , will be in the same boat soon :)) I'm so exited.
Well it doesn't need to be super soft, but i don't like when i feel every single road imperfection in my car....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can anyone tell me fitment/running issues with Tokico D-Specs + RCE Yellows on a 2004 WRX. From my investigation so far I would need spacers to support D-Specs. Does anyone know if anything else would cause issues for me either on install or running this setup?

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
scooby spacers, or replace the tophats. I personally am a fan of replacing the top hats.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Sinister said:
scooby spacers, or replace the tophats. I personally am a fan of replacing the top hats.
With what? That can mean anything from OE to Group-N to camber plates...

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Sorry... Tokico's require 02-03 top hats to fit 04-07 WRXs, and 04 STi's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Per earlier in the feed I checked out TiC's page and they note for using 2004-2007 tophats that scooby921 strut spacers are needed.

Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks

Seems to answer my question about fitment/install. That being said I'm curious, don't see myself needing the adjust-ability of D-Specs, if anyone has run or heard of RCE Yellows run on Tokico HPs? (sorry for the noob in the room)

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
The deal with the adjustability... not many stock-style struts are made for anything besides stock springs. If you get the adjustable ones, you can toy with them to be able to get them to work well with whatever springs you decide to go for.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have to wait 3-4 weeks before getting Tokico's + RCE Blacks . :) Can't wait to put em on and try em out. Will stop by at your place once i have them done.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts