Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically looking for a trunk debadged with the WRX symbol in the middle.. But I would like to see any pictures to help me make a decision.
My dealer put a ****ty dealer sticker on my car. Do I remove it the same way you would the lettering? Heat gun and floss?

Also does anyone else think Subaru owners get the shaft on a good symbol?? Look at BMW or Mercedes or Lexus- the symols are high quality and cool looking- the subaru sybol is a crappy piece of plastic that sticks to the front grill...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The dealer badge should come off the same as the others unless its from one of those dealers that rivet them on. Also I found fishing line to work better than floss since you dont have to worry about it breaking and just clean up the sticky crap with some goo gone.

And you want a pic with the wrx symbol relocated to the middle of the trunk? I dont know of anyone who has that most are either debadged completly or they leave the wrx where it is. I would say your best bet would be to get a pic of a trunk and photoshop it.

Alex

·
Registered
442 Posts
I plan on doing this...soon. Has anybody had problems with chipping paint? Do they come off pretty easily if you heat them enough with the hair dryer and use fishing line?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pics guys! I think my lettering is going to go.
Not sure about the Impreza under the WRX though..
Got my windows tinted 30% Platinum today. At first I was going to go black tint, but there was a new silver Prelude in there getting the platinum.. thought it would look cheesy- but it looked real nice- so thats what I went with.
I'll post pics on Monday.

Rick

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
verbal said:
I plan on doing this...soon. Has anybody had problems with chipping paint? Do they come off pretty easily if you heat them enough with the hair dryer and use fishing line?
im sure that someone will post some help, but in the mean time, id say do a search there are TONS of threads about how to debadge, if i had a wrx and had it debadged id help ya but this topic has a lot of posts that can help you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts