ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im a long time lurker havent posted a whole bunch. But im looking to buy a 2012 wrx. Have most people had success in haggling the price? or are most dealers standing pat on the 12's?

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I had luck haggling with my dealer, got the dealer to lower the asking price by 1400 and include a sts plus the bushing in that price

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not really haggling, just got online quotes from several local dealers, and picked the best one. Ended up 700 below invoice, IIRC. Most people have better luck online, rather than actually walking into a dealership.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have had a good experience so far. i called from out of state to come get it...its on order. brand new 2012 premium with upgraded speakers and home link and he knocked it down to 27300.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well ive done some online research, realistically what is the wiggle room on a base model?

I found a base model in colorado for 25,185 +taxes and it was recently bought but the dealer i emailed about it and they said they could order the same exact one with same options on it for the same price. good deal? or could i get one cheaper?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Where are you located? I had almost every dealership in my area offering the car to me at invoice (plus any add-ons I wanted at invoice) before I even verbally spoke to them. Then I scheduled a test drive and asked the salesman to go under invoice as an incentive for me to deal with him. He didn't even bat an eye at it. If you're in SoCal I would recommend him highly - another member ordered one from him on my recommendation as well. PM me and I'll give you his info!

Send a lot of emails, and if you want to talk to somebody in the know, check this guy out: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-purchasing-forum/134353650-ask-subaru-dealer.html

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im from northern california. But im willing to drive to oregon, nevada, I will be doing a 7 month internship in Tucson from end of may to end of december. so Arizona dealers are an option as well.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
You can skip southern oregon completely out of the game. Your best bet is going to be going to sacramento or san jose

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
SOSVM wants to tack on an extra $5,000 to the top of MSRP, also they require $2,000 to orger the vehicle. So basically my words to them were **** off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gotcha, so i dont know much about buying one since i obviously havent but is 25185 a good price for a base with auto dim mirror, wheel locks, trunk mat? or could i get better for around the same price?

·
Registered
759 Posts
gotcha, so i dont know much about buying one since i obviously havent but is 25185 a good price for a base with auto dim mirror, wheel locks, trunk mat? or could i get better for around the same price?
I think that's a pretty fair price. In the end, you gotta realize that not only do YOU not want to get screwed, you gotta leave a little bit of realism in there so that the dealer doesn't feel like they're getting screwed either. When both parties feel like it was a beneficial exchange, everybody wins. (Especially you cuz you get a kick-arse car)

RE: Going to another state - I know it's a no-brainer but it has to be said: just keep in mind that you're going to have to go BACK THERE when the car comes in...

·
Registered
37 Posts
well ive done some online research, realistically what is the wiggle room on a base model?

I found a base model in colorado for 25,185 +taxes and it was recently bought but the dealer i emailed about it and they said they could order the same exact one with same options on it for the same price. good deal? or could i get one cheaper?

I am getting my car in colorado springs. should be in by the end of the month if everything goes right....but i am getting premium with 2 extra upgrades for 2 grand more than the base you listed

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think that's a pretty fair price. In the end, you gotta realize that not only do YOU not want to get screwed, you gotta leave a little bit of realism in there so that the dealer doesn't feel like they're getting screwed either. When both parties feel like it was a beneficial exchange, everybody wins. (Especially you cuz you get a kick-arse car)

RE: Going to another state - I know it's a no-brainer but it has to be said: just keep in mind that you're going to have to go BACK THERE when the car comes in...
well i been living in colorado. have fam there...but been up here in north dakota makin money in this oil boom. so i have no issues going down to colorado at all! thats home! haha

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you're in NorCal, call Larry Fung at Carlsen Subaru in Redwood City. He's the internet sales guy. He gave me a good deal, and he knows a lot about these cars, having owned a couple himself, and driven them on the track.

I wouldn't go too far from home, since if you have any warranty issues, it's easier to get them resolved where you bought the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
blha blah blah blah blah blah crap crap crap poop poop trolllololololololzzzzzzzz.

I had to do that. ill tell you why, and no because santa isnt coming to town.

1. if you can wait, join subaru VIP prgram, adopt a foundation. like a pet help whatever, 1 dollar a day, for the next 6 months, During that last 2 months of the 6 months span, go to a dealership, order a subaru that you want, whatever it is. Dont haggle price, just walk in ask to order a car. pay 500 dollars deposit, and wait. 3 months later, however it take for your car to get to the dealership. Walk in when they call you your car has arrive. sit down play with numbers for a bit, just to fudge with their mind. Until you are satisfied busting their balls. Bust out the subaru VIP paper, around up to an even number, tell them to hand you the keys, and drive away happy. If they refuse your subaru vip. in that case, smile, ask them to borrow their phone and dial 1800subaru3. :)

Example? me: sewell subaru of dallas. 2012 subaru impreza wrx base model, 24,500 out the door final price :) picking it up in july :)

2. skip the bollocks salesman, go to financial manager, sales manager. Ask for dealer invoice, and start from there. If they say no, stand up and go AWAY!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I echo those that said shop around online and take the best price. If the best price is 10 hours away then shop that number around your local dealerships. Was able to get 2012 hatchback premium with the bare essentials (wheel locks, cup holder, all weather mats) for 27400 OTD.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
well i been living in colorado. have fam there...but been up here in north dakota makin money in this oil boom. so i have no issues going down to colorado at all! thats home! haha
Although there is certainly more than one way to skin a cat, schnaidt1 has a good approach. It is the one I used and it worked wonderfully for me. My daughter lives out of state. I chose a dealer (not quite at random, they were the biggest mover in town) and stopped in to see them. They did not have a WRX on the lot and never do, haven't sold one in forever, but I digress. I stopped in to see them and told them, 1. I know what I want and, 2. I want to buy one TODAY.

Before I know it, I was moving quickly toward a deal. Of coarse, they made it look complicated and it took a bit longer than I had hoped, but 1.5 hours later, the deal was struck and the price was better than right.

Believe it or not, this occurred after I had attempted to deal with a dealership/salesman I had built a long-term relationship with over the past 8 years. I had bought 3 cars from them (non-Subaru). I attempted to lean heavily on my prior relationship and all I could get was...."these cars are hard to come by and deals are rarely struck much below MSRP". They ended with a statement something similar to "come see us last and we'll see what we can do for you". I was appalled and told them so, still, they would not budge, asking me, "what is in it for us unless we know what others would offer". My answer, if I get the deal I want elsewhere I will buy and won't be back.

Nuff said.....Oh, one more thing, I may be buying a bike rack and will stop in to my X-dealer and price the genuine Subaru accessory. I can only hope to run into my X-salesguy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
yeah, anyone cn join a subaru vip.

Go to subaru.com or call 1800subaru3 and ask for more info.

I might be douchy who turn my dollar a day for the last 2 years for personal gain, rather then someone who doesnt. IMHO :)

and i got an infraction for calling someone retarded to their post, but when someone call me douchy for giving my money to charity which in return help me with my car dealing..... they get a thumbs up.

SMDH

I choose the pet because i know what it is like to have a pet that has been abandon, beaten, and then die young. It happens that you can choose however much you would like to donate with that charity. Others often ask for 300 to 500, really? So before you attack your keyboard, keyboard warrior, be a donor, then you can call me douchie all you want.

Funny, you also have a pic of your dog as your icon. Yet you call the animal shelter and aminal rights group donor a douche.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts