ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to first say hi and it sucks that this is my first post but I have a problem that I would like some opinions on. I just bought a 2011 wrx premium from a subaru dealership, which I won't name..yet. I took my car in today to get a free car wash that they give to their customers, which I have done once before with no problems. But today when I got home, about three blocks away I got out and notice that the back driver side bumper had a huge white paint mark on it with a dent and my paint missing. I know it is the white pearl of another subaru from their lot, which by the way is overflowing with cars. An employee takes the car to get it washed and it had to have been from him or another car that they were moving around in their parking lot. So I immediately called the dealership and the service manager, which I have had problems with before wouldn't give me the time of day. Soo, I drove back, talked to someone else and now I'm waiting for a call from the g.m. which will be back in the office around three. My car has not one mark on it and I have a private parking lot with my own spot at my condo, know one can park infront, behind, or next to me. After saying all this what do you think should come of this. Should i get the better business burial involved if they won't take responsibility or take it further? Thanks for yofurther and I will keep you updated on the problem. This sucks!

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I'm no expert.The situation is not pleasant.

But unless you filled out a damage report before you handed over the car (where they usually mark every dent & scratch on the car) there is little you can do to prove that the said blemish was the fault of the dealer.

Every competent dealer fills out a report like that before taking over a car.But I'm assuming that you dealer did not because it was just a wash.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bummer, had to deal with a dealer with a warranty issue on my car that they fought tooth and nail, but ended up taking care of after my wife talked to the gm and threatening them to sit out in front of the dealer with a sign telling people not to buy from them.... lol

Anyways hope they take care of you, wish you luck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did you fill out the damage report before handing over the car? My dealership does this every time

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hopefully everything gets sorted out for you, but I think it's time for you to wash your own car. ;) (semi-sarcastic)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They never asked me to fill out a form, they just say to leave the keys in the door and wait inside the waiting room. I have called them, sent to Voicemail and emailed them but nothing yet. Ill give them till tomorrow till I file with the BBB. The car washes are free, I also have free oil changes with them still which I don't even think I will use after this whole problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They never asked me to fill out a form, they just say to leave the keys in the door and wait inside the waiting room. I have called them, sent to Voicemail and emailed them but nothing yet. Ill give them till tomorrow till I file with the BBB. The car washes are free, I also have free oil changes with them still which I don't even think I will use after this whole problem.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My advice is to be nice at first. Have the attitude that you are assuming they will fix the problem for you.

If you meet resistance, hint that you will post about your experience on yelp, BBB, etc. It may be worth checking out these sites to see if there are other reviews.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Be nice and if the person you're talking to isn't helping then goto their boss, repeat until the problem is taken care of, and then report them to Subaru of America (they normally don't like that), they should want too protect their reputation, even if it costs them a little money. Remember to be nice, people are normally more willing to help you out if you're not being ass however, if that doesn't work then get the ass canon out (remember they have insurance for these kinds of things).

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea your right,about being nice works a lot better and sleeping on it helped to. I still haven't heard from them and I called twice, left two voicemails and sent an email. I hope to hear from them today before I get off of work or I will just have to call again after I'm off. If I don't get a response today should I go there again in person or just start filing my complaints? Also, I didn't think of contact subaru of America, that's a good call. And its also a big business so they shouldnt really worry about the money rather their reputation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: I never heard back from my dealership so I called them after work today at 1. When I called I got the first chance to finally talk to the g.m. after three phone calls and 1 email in two days. After talking for a wail he said he wanted to talk to the managers eventhough he already new about the situation for a day now. I think he is just trying to stale and hope I give up. He told me he would get back to me in a couple days but I said that I would have already filed my reports to the BBB and subaru america which he then said he would call me back soon. He also told me he talked to the service department and it would cost a whole 300 bucks! Big deal. I waited till 5 p.m. and called him back again. He said he talked to his managers that where there for the incident but never called me back? Anyways we got into it and I said was going to the BBB and he said good luck. I filed my report and right after he called me back, first time this whole time that he called me back and said he forwarded my info to his boss and will be contacting me tonight or tomorrow. So that's it so far, right when I think things are herring better **** just goes south but Hopefully the owner is going to help me out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Most of the time these types of things can be a pain in the ass, sorry you have to deal with it man. Even if they think they are wrong normally they well go ahead and fix it just to make the customer happy, although it seems like their making you work for it, just remember to try and stay calm, if the person you're talking to can't or won't help just tell them you want to talk to their boss (which it sounds like you're exhausting the chain of command), I would contact Subaru of America and see if they can't put some pressure on the dealer, even if it's just calling the dealer to ask about the event that's still unwanted attention to the dealer and might help push them to give in. Another option you can try is to call your insurance company and explain what happened and see if they are willing to help you out (it is basically their job to sue other insurance companys to pay out). Any and all out side pressure you can put on the dealer should make them want to save their reputation, however they could just be asshats and refuse to help you.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks greyscooby, I will get a hold of Subaru of America today after work. I am still waiting for a call from the owner so Hopefully he will help me out. Its going to be so awkward going back there haha whatever. If all else fails I will contact my insurance company. Ill post later today after more actions are taken and hopefully it all gets resolved/ fixed.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Thanks greyscooby, I will get a hold of Subaru of America today after work. I am still waiting for a call from the owner so Hopefully he will help me out. Its going to be so awkward going back there haha whatever. If all else fails I will contact my insurance company. Ill post later today after more actions are taken and hopefully it all gets resolved/ fixed.
You know contacting your insurance company might be the best bet. Your adjuster may meet you onsite there.

Did you find out which car? Call the police and fill out an accident report. Or threaten to. I know if I owned a dealership, the last thing I'd want is for my customers to see police and insurance adjusters on my lot.

Granted that's if you can fill out an accident report( I acknowledge that could jut be wishful thinking) but I call my insurance company and be completely honest with them you dropped it off at tat dealership, and it got hit there on their lot by their driver and by their car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am planning on contacting my insurance company today if the owner doesn't call me like the g.m. had said he would. Its hard to decide what is the best way to go. But by the end of today I will have my answer or my actions decided.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
You know contacting your insurance company might be the best bet. Your adjuster may meet you onsite there.

Did you find out which car? Call the police and fill out an accident report. Or threaten to. I know if I owned a dealership, the last thing I'd want is for my customers to see police and insurance adjusters on my lot.

Granted that's if you can fill out an accident report( I acknowledge that could jut be wishful thinking) but I call my insurance company and be completely honest with them you dropped it off at tat dealership, and it got hit there on their lot by their driver and by their car
Depending on state laws, this may not be do-able.. I know in the state of oregon a police officer cannot file an accident report for private property, you can do this yourself but an leo cannot do it for you without consent of the owner, which good luck on getting that.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Depending on state laws, this may not be do-able.. I know in the state of oregon a police officer cannot file an accident report for private property, you can do this yourself but an leo cannot do it for you without consent of the owner, which good luck on getting that.
this is a good point.

i definitely would, however, not wait so long. The longer you put distance between the actual incident time it could be tougher. Call your insurance company. I wouldn't even wait.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got back from Mid city Subaru, on 4330 W. Irving park rd Chicago, Il. I would not recommend going there the buy a car, as you have read over the past few days the service that they give their clients after buying a car is horrendous. After this whoever problem that they cause me they came to the conclusion that wasting an hour of my time to " buff" my dents and missing paint out is the most that they can do for me. Also at first the g.m. said the damage was at 300 dollars and now they said it was 600 dollars and they will pay half.... so am I retarded? I'm not going to pay for something I didn't do and its just them being cheap and a way for them to lose a new car buyer for life. I don't think that they could have done a worse job in my opinion and I hope they learn from this. I will keep my better business burial up and be posting on yelp and will keep talking with subaru of America. Sorry if my typing is wack but I'm obviously pissed.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Just got back from Mid city Subaru, on 4330 W. Irving park rd Chicago, Il. I would not recommend going there the buy a car, as you have read over the past few days the service that they give their clients after buying a car is horrendous. After this whoever problem that they cause me they came to the conclusion that wasting an hour of my time to " buff" my dents and missing paint out is the most that they can do for me. Also at first the g.m. said the damage was at 300 dollars and now they said it was 600 dollars and they will pay half.... so am I retarded? I'm not going to pay for something I didn't do and its just them being cheap and a way for them to lose a new car buyer for life. I don't think that they could have done a worse job in my opinion and I hope they learn from this. I will keep my better business burial up and be posting on yelp and will keep talking with subaru of America. Sorry if my typing is wack but I'm obviously pissed.
I'm confused. Have you called your insurance company to notify that an accident occurred on their lot and they are at fault?

I'm telling you the dealership will pay up. Stop wasting your time with the dealer. Call your insurance company

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
why are you even waiting? You only have 24 hrs to file an accident report which you have already been beyond..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts