ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to make this short. Bought the car 2 months ago. Drove fine in testing, car was recently inspected, and everything was considered new. Week later I noticed extremely squeaking brakes. Took it in, they said they were new shouldn't be making noise. Took the car back. Couple days later, squeaking really got on my nerves and worse. Took it back and showed the tech guy how bad the noise was. He said that it must be new "cheap" brakes. And supposedly replaced ALL four pads.

Now the car was making extremely annoying sound when turning and coming from stop position. My brakes again were squeaking as well. Took car back in they said they couldn't get it to make the noise. Went back in AGAIN and drove with the tech to show them the noise finally heard what I was hearing - and SWORE up and down it was not brakes, and diff fluid prob just needs replaced. And squeaking brakes is normal when they aren't expensive brand.

Told me to hold while he finds out what type of fluid. Called a week later and they told me just to take it the the Subaru dealership. Subaru called and said - rotors, and pads are all warped and not Subaru parts. And my right rear caliper is leaking fluid which could be the noise. Subaru wanted to charge me $950 to fix this.

I called back the used dealership I got my car from and they told me that's ridiculously price an to bring the car BACK in to fix it, yet they were the one who told me to go to Subaru in the first place! (they charged me $100 to just "look" at the car).

So now I am out $100, and taking the car back to a place that apparently already fixed all my brakes. I am tired of running around for a car I just bought. What should I do?? Take it back to a service center that can't fix the problem in the first place??

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Was there no 30 day warranty or anything on the car from the used dealer you got it at? (for granted I reread what you said, its been 2 months)...

Unfortunately such is what happens when you deal with a little Ma and Pa used car dealer. Some (not all) can be down right sheisty. But it sounds like you are on your own on this, especially if you are over warranty period.

What year WRX we talking here? Cheap brake parts can definitely cause squeaking issues. However, if that's what the Subaru dealership is quoting, that's about right for OE parts and labor for all 4 corners. You can source your parts MUCH cheaper online (KNSBrakes.com, Rallysportdirect.com), and have any ma and pa mechanic do that for MUCH cheaper than a dealer. Some cheaply priced yet still good OE quality brands would include Centric rotors and Stoptech Posiquiet pads if you are on a budget. Otherwise, Hawk HP pads and higher quality Centric rotors might be better for performance.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Throw a molotov cocktail through their window

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd sure like tO. I have a 90 day 4500 warranty apparently brakes Aren't on there. But I already took it in within 2 days of owning it and they supposely replaced all the brakes for me. Why am I have problems already.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and it's a 07. They prob think since I'm a girl they can tell me one thing that it's not a big deal like differential fluid. When someone else is telling me my calipers are leaking.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
HAHA,if you had mentioned that earlier you'd have gotten more responses.

As you may have realized by now used car dealers are sleazebags.The warranty most likely does not cover wear & tear items,which is why they don't cover brakes.

I don't see any point in taking it to the dealer & getting ripped off there.And you can't trust the car dealer anymore.

I'd just find a competent shop & take it to them.If you mention where about you are located somebody may be able to give you recommendations.Also try your local forums.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my warranty card came in mail last week so I don't know why the Subaru dealer is saying its expired it's a 90d 4500mi warranty I got at the used dealership paper says brakes: disc brake calipers and all internally lubricated parts.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Cal the better business bureau and ask them about your rights. Then go to dealer who sold you the car with bbb report.
Used car dealers stink.

They will fix it.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Wait.You're a girl?
Hooray another one!! haha jp

This sort of thing is basically the reason I didnt want to get another used car. I had a really bad experience dealing with a car with a "warranty" and all that nonsense.

Good Luck with getting everything fixed

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just bought an 02 WRX. When I test drove it the CEL came on and it was smoking from under the hood. They sleezy salesmen at the dealership said it was leftover cleaner from detailing the engine and that it would go away in a few days. :rotfl:

Luckily I'm not a stupid girl and I didn't believe a word any of them said. I can't believe some of the things I've heard from salesmen at dealerships. It truly amazes me.

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience. I would keep harassing the dealership until you get what you want. That usually works for me, but then again I can be a real pain in the butt. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They just called me back and said what I should of done was brought it there and THEY would of took it to Subaru. But they said they'll "take care" of everything

·
Registered
101 Posts
Make sure to take it back to Subaru after they "take care" of it to make sure they actually did! Good news! :D

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Take it to the dealer you bought it from and politely inform them that this is the last chance they get at fixing the problem, if they can't insure that the car is fixed before they return it to you then you will be bringing it to a shop that will put decent brake pads on the car and turn the rotors correctly or replace them if needed and that they will receive the bill for the work performed since they cannot achieve such a simple task. It really doesn't take that much to test drive a car after working on it, so I don't know if they are doing that or not, however one thing you might do when you get it back if they put new pads on it is setting in the pads, I've of some places not doing this after doing a brake job.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I'm sorry, I would not pay $950 for brakes. Not even on my STI.
She isn't paying $950 for brakes. She is mostly paying for the bad caliper. Regardless, you can shave probably 350 off of the tab if she does it herself, but the thing that NEEDS to happen here is the use of genuine Subaru parts. She needs a reliable car and the way to do that is with the right ORIGINAL equipment.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts