Subaru WRX Forum banner

Dealer installed sunroof?

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  wrxistential 
#1 ·
Yay or nay? Would you guys like one on your car if you had the choice?

#2 ·
If it was done perfectly, I would like one. But I've seen some pretty crappy installs - even at dealers - that had rust, poor fit, cheesy looking switches, etc. I know there are some great installers, but it's one of those things that has to be just right, IMO. Be anal about the quality and use your best judgement! :)

#5 ·
when i bought my WRX it came with one... but its starting to piss me off. sometimes when it's very cold it doesnt work and now its starting to rattle so all in all im pissed i bought a car that was previously owned by a woman... at least i still have a clutch

#9 ·
izey said:
a definite must have - the weight makes NO difference at all. Its the best thing to have in the summer and looks SUPER nice when its flipped up.

Couldn't live without it...................

:)
i second that!!!

#10 ·
Nay. I had a factory installed sunroof my last car ... it was OK, just OK. I do not miss it. I know of a two people who had water leak problems with them when installed post factory.

#12 ·
if you autox you will lose rigidity in your car....you also have the chance of cracking it...but if you dont drive your car hard it wont really matter....then you just have 2 worry bout leaks etc....dear install for a moonroof is around 1,000....id rather spend the $ on wheels or EM

#15 ·
I currently have a 02 TL and the sunroof rattles way to much during the winter. When I get the WRX the one thing that I personally will not be looking for a is a Sunroof. They look pretty cool in the summer when opened, but IMO its not worth the annoyance during the cold weather.

#16 ·
Are we seriously having this discussion??? It doesnt come with one for a reason! It is a rally bred machine, not a lets look at teh stars and cuddle puss wagon :screwy:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just kidding, it is heavy and will prob leak, nuff said!

#17 ·
i love my after market sunroof

20k miles not a single little problem (except a slight rattle on rough roads)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.