Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm really confused about all the turbo upgrades.

Deadbolts from what I understand is a porting job which allows quicker spool, but not necessarily more topend?

Forced performance uses a clip and a larger COMPRESSOR, which gives more topend but sacrifices spool.
But they also offer a 45 dollar port job "for more potential". Is that to spool quicker or more topend?

WRX tuner has a TD04 level 2 upgade, with a larger IMPELLER, and ported and polished for more topend, and a level 3 with a bigger impeller...

So FP and wrxtuner are both 600 for the basic job, yet FP upgrades the cold side and wrxtuner does the hot side? What's the difference between these and Deadbolt's turbo upgrade?

Any opinions? I'm going to be upgrading my turbo and I'm confused whether to go with one of these, or just get a VF30...

Thanks,
Ambert

·
Registered
470 Posts
to further confuse you deadbolt can also do clip as well and do in their TD04 monster I believ.. chancer ate all 3 offer very similar stock turbo services.. but if you really want more top end you plain and simple need a bigger turbo.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!
Actually, I'm shooting for like low 300's at the crank, like 320-330 and the upgrades seem like where I'm headed for sure. So that being said, I'd like some opinions please.

Thanks,
Ambert

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
or Verc, you can have the topend of the VF30 with quicker spoolup by picking up my VF34. 775$ with gaskets, can't beat that

·
Registered
71 Posts
a wheee bit more and you could have a fp20g. this would be my option, if not you can get vf30's for around 675-700 from most vendors now. these options are better then reworking the stocker in the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts