ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My digital clock in a 02 has suddenly gone dark. Any idea what would cause this? I have not checked it for the power connection. How do you get to the back of the display?
Jerry

·
Registered
185 Posts
This happens quite often. It's not a fuse or anything I believe. I think it just needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think there are three main things to look for: a loose electrical connection, a blown fuse, or the clock itself. I don't remember which fuse it is, but I would check the fuse panel in the dash and see if any are blown. Second, you can pull the clock and check the electrical connection in the back of it. Third, you can actually open the clock up and see if everything is alright inside.

There are instructions on this website somewhere (you can find them by searching) describing how a resistor inside the clock can come lose, causing the display to go black. You then have to solder the resistor back in place.

To remove the clock from the dash, the trim piece surrounding the clock is just held in by snaps to the rest of the dashboard. Carefully reach in any pry up with a thin tool like a screw driver. (Be careful not to scratch anything.) The clock is then held into the trim piece with four clips.

My clock died about 6 months ago, and I just got around to fixing it a few weeks ago. My electrical connection and fuses were fine, and I opened the clock and the resistor was intact. I just chalked it up to some other unknown problem with the clock itself, bought a used one from the classifieds on here, and replaced it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Mine died in late 2006 I bought one from ebay with the entire dash piece for like 30 bucks, and to replace it do it like the post above says.

·
Registered
431 Posts
This is a very common problem with many mid 1990 - 2000 model vehicles. I offer a repair solution that is far cheaper than buying a new clock. Check out Auto Clock Repair - Home

Auto Clock Repair - Home
We fix:
Subaru Forester 1998-2002
Subaru Impreza/WRX 2002-2005
Toyota 4Runner 1996-2002
Nissan Pathfinder 1996-2004
Honda CRV 1997-2001
Toyota Tacoma 1995-2004
Toyota Rav4 1996-2000
Toyota Land Cruiser 1996-2002
Toyota Camry/Corolla 1996-2004
Lexus ES300, GS300 1997-200
this is like the 3rd or 4th "dead thread" you reopened up lol..this thread is 3 years old now

·
Registered
754 Posts
lol no worries i was just letting you know since you were new to posting..its not a big deal who knows maybe they still have a broken clock after 3 years haha
:sadwave: he was doing unauthorized vending/ spamming

1 - 8 of 8 Posts