1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
433 Posts
Why HKS down pipe? I mean if youre not pressed for cash, I would get something thats bellmouth for sure. But if you are and need a DP for cheap, I would get the ERZ down pipe. Its actually a bellmouth design and from what it looks, good quality without a big price tag. Just my .02
-Griffin

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boosted4 said:
Why HKS down pipe? I mean if youre not pressed for cash, I would get something thats bellmouth for sure. But if you are and need a DP for cheap, I would get the ERZ down pipe. Its actually a bellmouth design and from what it looks, good quality without a big price tag. Just my .02
-Griffin
i got a really good deal on the HKS, and when i bought it, i was not aware of the erz deal. i am still considering the erz thing, but i am not sure...

anyways, anyone have info on the dc sport uppipe

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
DC Sports is a very good quality company. They specialize in Honda/Acura though.

I had an Accord with the DC intake, 3-2-1 headers & it was fastastic for the Honda.

I am not sure how they are with the WRX though.

I hope that helps, I'm tired.

J.D.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Boosted4 said:
-Griffin
If you stay with the stock turbo, the HKS is actaully an ideal downpipe. Maybe even with a bigger turbo, it might still be sufficient (I don't have the funds to test that yet, haha.) Here is a graph comparing my car to my buddies car. I have a 2.5" Oakos downpipe that is a flange design (like the stock one and the HKS pipe). My buddy has a TXS stealthback which is a 4" bellmouth tapering down to 2.5". He also has a Cobb AP so he is boosting more (That and full exhaust account for his top end power advantage.) The interesting point I want to make is the low end power. The flange design is not as dissapointing as everyone makes it out to be. The fastest stock turbo car in Colorado uses the same DP I have!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I would disagree with the analogy of DC/Cobb.

DC Sports makes mediocre, at best, parts for Hondas. Coming from the Honda world for 5 years, I saw alot of research done on DC parts. Their headers (4-2-1 design, not sure about the others) were shown to lose 1-2 horsepower after bolted on. At best, they would show a 1-2 horsepower gain.

True, their non-power parts (strut bars, etc) are decent, but I wouldn't go near their piping with all the other quality companies out there for WRX's (Cobb, Vishnu, etc).

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would have to kindly disagree. I've been in the Honda world for 5 years also and while I agree that DC is not "Cobb of Hondas" and that they typically make only "pretty good" parts (although they are not priced very high so it makes sense), DC is not bad. I have never seen a DC header lose power like you are talking about... I have seen consistent gains of about 3-4whp. Which isn't a lot but I've certainly never seen a loss. It may have happened at some point in time but it's certainly not typical. If anything their strut bars are worse than their header and exhaust systems - they are not the most solid designs, with holes in the bars and joints. That's why I have a DC header but a Neuspeed jointless strut bar on my Integra.

As for durability/quality/fitment, the ceramic DC headers are known to crack but if you put a heat-resistant coating on any header, it is likely to crack. My stainless steel DC header has been going strong for years and the fitment was perfect on it. As long as you stick with stainless steel I've never heard of a problem fitment or quality-wise with a DC header or exhaust.

·
Registered
211 Posts
WiredSpeed said:
I have never seen a DC header lose power like you are talking about...
Then you have never seen an S2000 with a DC header on the dyno. Here's another vote for DC parts being mediocre at best.

Jimbo (former owner of 1993 Gen I Integra GSR for 6 years)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I say as long as there are no fitment issues with an uppipe or obvious signs that it is weak, it's just as good as any other downpipe. 95% of the gain from replacing the uppipe is from getting rid of the cat. Buy an HKS or whatever cheap up pipe you can find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts