ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 WRX and im thinking about removing the radio surround to paint it. Does anybody have any experience with this? Im not sure how to do it but im assuming there's some clips to remove. Any advice would be great. Its piece number 12 in the picture

66077FG.jpg

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
It just pops off...Use a really thin knife or screw driver and start from the top and work your way around and down to the bottom, it's really easy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can get a Auto Trim Panel removal kit which has 5 or 6 tools for different types of panels at Harbor Freight for about $5. It has saved me a bunch of time, and I have not nicked/scratched anything yet like used to happen with screwdrivers.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Definitely use a plastic trim removal tool or you'll mar it up badly. I started at the bottom, though. The Service Manual says so, and it would also hide any marring.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Its a lot easier,if you start from the passenger side.Pop out the side piece.Unscrew the trim & yank it off.The center bezel comes right off with it.

A video made by our very own sjcurtis

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great video! I popped it off in my college parking lot with no tools! Mine is black and silver. The plan is to paint it to match the rest of the accents in side the car (dark grey). Any other color suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts