Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, underneath the steering wheel, to the left, that big plastic piece of the dash is loose, anyone have this problem? where are the screws or whatever you use to tighten it? thanks. Also, how do you stop a clutch from squeaking?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i think the plastic piece you are talking about is the plug to reset the ecu (don't mess with it)...dunno bout the clutch though

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plastic piece is a bad description on my part, it is the entire bottom of the dash panel, around the ecu plug matter of fact, the whole thing is just loose and it bugs me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've broken two of the plastic screws and mine is extremely loose. I can't tell you how many times I have pulled that thing off.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pedal, excuse me.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried good old WD before i even took it to the dealer. No luck there. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found out the dash prob, stupid car came without a pop it screw thing on the left side of the dash

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is the pedal squeaking or making a clicking noise? Mine would click very loudly when I pressed it all the way in. The problem was with the switch that is activated when you press the pedal all the way in. I took the swich off, carefully un-assembled it, put some grease on the internals (not the electrical contact points) and put it back on. The clicking is gone.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah, it's a squeak, and it's driving me nuts. The dealer won't/can't fix it, and i "lubed" it up and i got nothing. Dying for some help!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Its probably the bushing on the pedal. You can either replace it or get some silicone lube and put it on there. That worked on my MR2 when it started squeeking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts