Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is offical. I just got back from a 900 mile trip to get my new baby. I am offically the owner of a 2002 WRX. The strange thing is that I thought the car was black.... until I pulled it into the sun. It is a very very Dark Blue. I didn't know Subaru had this color on the WRX... of course i know WRB, and Black, but dark blue? Maybe I just never seen it before.

Well if you guys have answers and I am sure you do let me know.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
SubaruWRX2k4 said:
Well it is offical. I just got back from a 900 mile trip to get my new baby. I am offically the owner of a 2002 WRX. The strange thing is that I thought the car was black.... until I pulled it into the sun. It is a very very Dark Blue. I didn't know Subaru had this color on the WRX... of course i know WRB, and Black, but dark blue? Maybe I just never seen it before.

Well if you guys have answers and I am sure you do let me know.

if you notice the paint name for black its midnight black pearl isnt it? or midnight blue pearl? I really like the color. What really matters though is, do you like it?

·
Banned
968 Posts
Its dark blue in the light. And black from a distance and at night.

Its Midnight Black Pearl.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it's actually black.... that's sweet. Yeah I love the car, and the color. I am really new the the engine so I am not sure if any of the parts are aftermarket or not. I believe it is the blow off valve, and it has APC written on it or something similar... I am not totally sure cos it's dark out. There is an after market exhaust on it as well that I need to fix up a bit, but I will post pic soon. One thing that ticked me off though is who ever owned it before me painted the stock rims >=\... thinking about cleaning them off sanding them down and possible powder coating them black... what do you guys think?

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
SubaruWRX2k4 said:
So it's actually black.... that's sweet. Yeah I love the car, and the color. I am really new the the engine so I am not sure if any of the parts are aftermarket or not. I believe it is the blow off valve, and it has APC written on it or something similar... I am not totally sure cos it's dark out. There is an after market exhaust on it as well that I need to fix up a bit, but I will post pic soon. One thing that ticked me off though is who ever owned it before me painted the stock rims >=\... thinking about cleaning them off sanding them down and possible powder coating them black... what do you guys think?

APC????? NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SELL IT NOW!!!!! J/K, post some pics and well try our best to identify everything for ya.... best of luck to you and your new rex.

·
Registered
421 Posts
How many miles are on it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congratz on the new ride, I have a MBP as well and I love the color. I was thinking about powder coating the rims on mine as well. I would love to see some pics if you decide to do it. and a cost estimate.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I absolutely love the black on this car because of that reason. The way it almost changes colors depending on the light.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Midnight Black Pearl is the best WRX color IMHO.
I was all ready to order my '04 in MBP, but they changed it to Mignight Poop Pearl instead.:D
I got WRB...:)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is a crappy photo of the car off of autotrader.com when it was dirty and still at the dealership. The rims are painted with what looks like acrylic paint. I think I may go with black powder coat after all. My brother in law knows someone that will do it for 50 a wheel.

BTW: ANYONE KNOW A GOOD PLACE TO GET A POWER STEERING PUMP. I HAVE NO POWER STEERING RIGHT NOW AND NEED TO FIND ONE, FOR A LITTLE AS POSSIBLE!!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ebr0t said:
APC????? NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SELL IT NOW!!!!! J/K, post some pics and well try our best to identify everything for ya.... best of luck to you and your new rex.
Sadly yes I looked again. It is APC and it is the BOV.... is that a good thing or a bad thing? I know APC isn't the best but is it better then stock?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
SubaruWRX2k4 said:
Sadly yes I looked again. It is APC and it is the BOV.... is that a good thing or a bad thing? I know APC isn't the best but is it better then stock?
Frankly, NO. It's not better than stock. Very few BOVs are better than stock.

-Jim

·
Banned
968 Posts
SubaruWRX2k4 said:
Thats probably APS, not APC. I dont think APC makes BOV's.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
My first thought was APS too. Also, looks like you need to change your nick, seeing how you have a 2002 now ;)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HAHAHAHAH yeah that's when I was buying a 04. I will probably keep the same name though. Now about the BOV... cos I am retarded and can't remember from walking inside and going upstairs and typing. APS.... is THAT a good thing?

·
Banned
968 Posts
SubaruWRX2k4 said:
APS.... is THAT a good thing?
Yes, it is.

APS is one of the best if not THE best Subaru aftermarket manufacturers.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I am actually supposed to meet up with another WRX owner sometime soon. I will compare my car to his to see what is different. That BOV was on the car when I bought it... who ever owned it though drove the poor baby into the ground... took me 5 hours to clean it today, and I am still not done. I will keep you all updated on any new findings.... since I paid so little I am interested in seeing exactly what I got.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts