ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we'll everybody.. after 87,000 miles of being stage 4 my car finally took a dump. I am not sure what happened, smoke is pouring out the exhaust and smoking under the hood. i am also loosing coolant and oil so im leaning toward a blown head gasket. Also the check engine light is flashing. she lasted a long time and i have enjoyed every mile of the 187,000 miles that is on it. Let the build commence! :(

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Staying with the 18G?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
nismopowerdqg said:
yes sir :) any recommendations for a different turbo?
Depends on the build / use.

18G is a great DD turbo on the 2.5L car, depending on the turbo specs (compressor size / hotside / exhaust wheel). Not a top-end monster, but an overall fun powerband. If you can reuse your heads in a hybrid build, get them CNC'd to match the EJ257 CC (I know EQ Tuning does this). A mild port job and a set of mild cams (GSC S1s come to mind) will increase the top-end a bit without really impacting the low-end.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive been thinking about some cams. i want full build but nothing to agressive if that makes sense. i want a motor capable of racing hard for a couple hours and not have any trouble driving a couple hours back home. i have a lot of very nice parts and i want to put them to good use. i wish i had a 2.5 but i have a ej205 and plan on building that.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
nismopowerdqg said:
ive been thinking about some cams. i want full build but nothing to agressive if that makes sense. i want a motor capable of racing hard for a couple hours and not have any trouble driving a couple hours back home. i have a lot of very nice parts and i want to put them to good use. i wish i had a 2.5 but i have a ej205 and plan on building that.
Consider the hybrid build, with the heads CNC'd like I mentioned earlier.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Could it be just the turbo itself?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
nismopowerdqg said:
im planning to build the heads, how are bc cams?
GSC S1s or Kelford 264s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts