Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO - my new to me 2011 WRX STI WRB - was a great buy

Took it out and beat the heck out of it - as yo0u will do the first day you have a car

380 Wheel HP - hit the rev limiter a couple of times - no issues -tuned by https://www.efilogics.com/

Going to https://www.procomracing.com/

Friday

Dam thing was a raped ape - no issue

Then Dum Dum me went and put 112 Gas it in it

Then it all went to ****

It makes 26PSI at WOT - but anything over 20PSI it breaks up really bad - back fire - machine gun

Only at WOT it has the problem - hold it at 20PSI and it runs rough but no back fire - WOT - machine gun and fire out the tail pipes

Before the 112 gas it was making 28+ PSI and no issues at WOT

Hoping its a bad plug or bad gas - no knock at idle and not smoke/white smoke/steam/milk shake

getting compression test and new plugs - might help - might not -

Just ranting and if any one has any ideas please let me know

Getting like James May - keep all cars STOCK - getting old sucks

Blouch 1.5 turbo
1000 ID injectors
Perrin Cold Air Intake -
Perrin MAF Intake Tube -
Perrin Equal Length Headers –
Perrin Full Exhaust -
Perrin Radiator Shroud -
Perrin Boost Gauge -
Perrin Oil temp Gauge -
Perrin EGT Gauge -
Perring Gauge mount -
Perrin SI drive knob -
Perrin Horn Bracket -
Perrin HELLA Horns -
Perrin License Plate Delete -
Perrin Licenses Plate Relocate -

·
Æternum
15,576 Posts
112 octane race gas should not harm the car if it's tuned for a lower octane fuel.

But... why did you do it??

And no... we certainly all don't beat the crap out of our cars the first day we take ownership.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
I babied my STi for the most part. Definitely didnt beat on it the day i bought it smh.

But what do i know? I babied it 90% of the time, had everything installed and tuned for correctly, and changed the oil with motul every 3k miles and still spun a rod bearing.....

And knock at idle isnt what you should be worried about. Its knock at WOT, or under high revs/boost.

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
So you put almost 200 bucks in fuel in thst car?

This didn't happen.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The only places that I know where you can get those types of fuels are at race tracks (NOLA Motorsports, NCM Raceway, Barber, etc.). There may be other places, but those are the usual suspects.

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
The only places that I know where you can get those types of fuels are at race tracks (NOLA Motorsports, NCM Raceway, Barber, etc.). There may be other places, but those are the usual suspects.
Same. My area the only place is next to Edgewater. You can't just buy it either because most of it is leaded.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Took it out and beat the heck out of it - as yo0u will do the first day you have a car
Nope... :nono: I have my 2016 for almost 3 years now & i still baby it, never beat it up. That why I would never buy one of these cars used. :shakehead: :shakehead:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Same. My area the only place is next to Edgewater. You can't just buy it either because most of it is leaded.
I think some of the lower grades (98 octane) may be unleaded (may be leaded, just not sure), but you are correct that anything over that will not care one bit about catalytic converters.

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
I think some of the lower grades (98 octane) may be unleaded (may be leaded, just not sure), but you are correct that anything over that will not care one bit about catalytic converters.
That brings an interesting thought.

Op does that Perrin exhaust have a cat?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW guys - come on - I have my 2018 WRX for my daily
Its not like this car is Stock - ITS BUILT - ment for racing
and it not like I **** the bed on it - just did some 0 - 80 blasts on the highway
If you bought a RACE car with this many mods just to baby it - well then don't modify your car - James MAY

Here Is a link to a vid - I am thinking since its not blowing smoke - runs fine under 20PSI and has no other issues its either a bad plug or vacuum leak - but look at the vid and let me know your option - it means a lot to me -

And - to answer the other questions - I put 112 in it because I was going to go to ATCO NJ to get a quarter mile time on it before I changed anything else

YES I hate race cars - but its a love/hate relationship -

Bottom line is - go BIG or GO HOME - if you don't have the pocket for a Heavy MOD tuner car - race car - then just baby you daily
Thanks my 2018 - Baby
My 2011 - Balls to the wall - break it - fix it - break it again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d0F1HytpdA

·
Registered
423 Posts
WOW guys - come on - I have my 2018 WRX for my daily
Its not like this car is Stock - ITS BUILT - ment for racing
and it not like I **** the bed on it - just did some 0 - 80 blasts on the highway
If you bought a RACE car with this many mods just to baby it - well then don't modify your car - James MAY

Bottom line is - go BIG or GO HOME - if you don't have the pocket for a Heavy MOD tuner car - race car - then just baby you daily
Thanks my 2018 - Baby

My 2011 - Balls to the wall - break it - fix it - break it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d0F1HytpdA

Another thought is buy a car that is capable of 10 second quarter mile times and 7:2X Ring times, stock. One that carries a factory warranty, that as long as it is stock covers it for track and strip use. Direct quote, from Al O: Leave it stock. Take it to the track. If it breaks, we fix it.

BTW The AMG is also warrantied for track use.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Another thought is buy a car that is capable of 10 second quarter mile times and 7:2X Ring times, stock. One that carries a factory warranty, that as long as it is stock covers it for track and strip use. Direct quote, from Al O: Leave it stock. Take it to the track. If it breaks, we fix it.

BTW The AMG is also warrantied for track use.
Hey if I had $50,000 for a AMG I would get one - not the CLA AMG 45 though - sorry big guy - it looks like a BOX to me

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...CLA45AMG&digitalRetail=true&clickType=listing

My 2016 GM EcoBoost didn't do that well either - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2VFH9_3hcA&t=2s

My 86 GN didn't do that well either - bought new

My 89 IROC 5.7 was a nightmare - bought new

Such is life - you buy a performance car - you mod it - you expect issues - just was trying to vent and give info to the community - looking for support - insight
"hey it will be alright - let us know - oh try this"

·
Æternum
15,576 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wasn't aware that the Blue Oval built engines for General Motors...

But seriously... what is happening here? It's definitely the most entertaining thread I've read all day...
WOW - can I get the drugs you are on??

HOW is a vid of a 2016 T-Type GM/Buick 2.0 Twin Scrow Turbo - even close to a Blue Oval FORD??

WHAT is so entertaining here - me asking for help and posting vids of the car? - please let me know - MODERATOR

Am I funny - do I amuse you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWINtUCshxY

BTW I called COBB - WOW great guys - going to ProCOM Friday - and COBB said they will be there

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
Ecoboost is a Ford motor. I'm sure you are aware.

·
Æternum
15,576 Posts
Very much, yes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I definitely see the issues.

1) You're terrible at working the clutch on a manual.
2) You're tire pressure is low.

After you fix the motor you should probably save for a new clutch.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey if I had $50,000 for a AMG I would get one - not the CLA AMG 45 though - sorry big guy - it looks like a BOX to me

Just to be clear, you drive a Subaru WRX and the CLA looks like a box?

My 86 GN didn't do that well either - bought new

This was and still is a seriously cool car.

For the record, you will likely not be able to buy a new CLA 45 AMG for $50K. The 10 second quarter miles and 7.2X Nürburgring times were not done with an AMG product. I am unsure if anything short of the AMG GT S can do those times.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I definitely see the issues.

1) You're terrible at working the clutch on a manual.
2) You're tire pressure is low.

After you fix the motor you should probably save for a new clutch.
Wow big guy..go back to racing on Xbox 360

This was the most troll post I have ever seen on the board

Just to give some amo to this troll

How did I run a 5 speed clutch @ 120 mph and 11.8 if I am terrible at using a clutch?

How have I driven every thing from a Toyota Supra to a WRX and terrible at a clutch

Check your self before you wreck your self my friend

1 - 20 of 25 Posts