ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 WRX
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok besides hearing part out cause isn’t gonna happen lol I’ll get a free block an paid to install it, I just need to know if I’m screwed or if it’s something normal that occasionally happens. I have a 2017 wrx an today I noticed my DAM dropped to .750 and my fine knock learn to -2.46/.70 now is this something I should hook up to my work computer an diagnose more to start process of ordering block or would that be time waisted?

·
Premium Member
10,947 Posts
Could be bad fuel, could be bad air filter, MAF is dirty, bad plugs, boost leak, exhaust leak, vacuum leak, bad coils, just about a million things try to clean the MAF and check the plugs

·
Registered
2017 WRX
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I work for subie so I’ll change them out this weekend I have like 6 sets they were gonna “scrap” cause we didn’t use em. An filter is new, just filled up with 93 this morning. But I’ll check MAF, for boost an vacuum leaks, an I’ll use our computer to check coils.

·
Æternum
20,436 Posts
TECHNICALLY the K&N filter is not compatible with your OTS tune.

HOWEVER, the difference in laminar flow should be minimal. Like XJ already suggested, clean your MAF. Those filters are oiled and can coat your MAF sensor leading the engine to believe the ingested airmass is lower than actual.

At the same time, it is my understanding that the modern FA platform relies much more heavily on the advance multiplier for smooth operation, much more than the older platform. This might be entirely normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts