Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a used 2015 WRX and previous owner did some mods and got a pro tune. Car has a grimmspeed stage 2 power package and Perrin chargepipe. Car was tuned for these mods and when I bought the car the charge pipe was removed but I contacted old owner and got the accessport and the Perrin chargepipe. I’ve been monitoring knock and dam on the accessport and idk if my DAM is low or not I need help.
Hood Motor vehicle Azure Automotive tire Steering wheel

·
In Æternum
17,098 Posts
Please check the installed map on the AP. Are there notes?

·
In Æternum
17,098 Posts
Yes Mikey botti tuned it in Massachusetts
I think it would be worth your time to reach out to him and see if you can find out more details about the tune. I agree with XJ Man, it's quite possible that the dyno tune doesn't match the mods on the car currently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On
I think it would be worth your time to reach out to him and see if you can find out more details about the tune. I agree with XJ Man, it's quite possible that the dyno tune doesn't match the mods on the car currently.
Only thing that it is tuned for that isn’t installed is the charge pipe would it make that big of a difference? I’ve considered getting a upgraded TMIC and meth injection kit and just getting it retuned.

·
Little Homie
12,850 Posts
After this coming up somewhere else and zax pointing out some differences over the EJ I'm most familiar with I would think that it could. Although with a dam that low I'd imagine that it's only part of a greater issue.

Do you hear any loud whooshing sounds or whistling?

·
In Æternum
17,098 Posts
On

Only thing that it is tuned for that isn’t installed is the charge pipe would it make that big of a difference? I’ve considered getting a upgraded TMIC and meth injection kit and just getting it retuned.
In theory, the charge pipe should not affect anything except maybe some slight updates to TIE which would be a minor driveability difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts