Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first off, im new to the forum but very excited to join as im looking to buy a WRX in the near future. Although i was wondering a few things with using it as a daily driver.

Im looking to get a '18 CVT as the traffic around me is pretty horrible, it would make a manual not as much fun til i got further out from the city. So the questions are,

1) How is the road noise compared to the '17? ive ridden in multiple '15-'17's and the noise wasnt horrible but heard there were improvements in the 18s
2) Im assuming Android Auto isnt capable, is that true?
3) Not looking to mod the car a whole lot, would like to put in some C Lights and some minor aesthetic changes. Wondering if there were any smaller/easy mods that someone has done like that?
4) Any advice on purchasing one?

for the most part, i have heard that its definitely a fun car to drive as a daily. Mix of fun and....somewhat practical

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sure other members will have more detailed answers, but as someone also looking for one, after a couple test drives in an '18 STI and quite a bit of driving in a friend's '17 WRX, it seemed to me that noise was noticeably reduced in the newer car - but it isn't quiet by any standards. I found the '17 to be pretty bad at highway speeds (but that could've been the worn Dunlop rubber, too). It seemed louder than my current car, and that has a ragtop. As for the radio, Starlink radios aren't Android Auto / Carplay compatible in the WRX line as of yet.

As for the other two questions, I'd also like to know :thumbup:

·
Registered
247 Posts
1) haven't had a chance to drive/ride in an 18 yet. Waiting for dealers in my area to get 18 STis.
2) it is not android auto capable. This probably won't be introduced until the next major refresh (2020)
3) there's lot of little things you can do, I personally wouldn't classify baking headlights open as small/minor
4) don't. get the manual. Better MPG, better enjoyment when you get to open road, and its cheaper. all advantages (aside from traffic) an auto is supposed to have over a manual are null and void in this car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts