Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi ! I'm new on this forum and new in Subaru..
I'm planing to change my current Toyota Tacoma for a new WRX , but I really don't know witch one will be better for me
I have two options:
2016 WRX CVT and a 2017 WRX 6MT

I would like to have a manual WRX because almost all WRX owners says that it's more fun to drive and it can handle more modifications without damaging the transmission, but the problem is that I live in a city qhere there is a lot of traffic, and I'm not so good at stick shifting (I just drove a manual for like 4 months and I really like it) and I'm afraid that I will break something in my car with all the mistakes I made driving a manual ( usually I get nervous when I'm trying to accelerate quickly in order to get into the high speed traffic), I'm planing to stay with this car for years so I don't want to buy the wrong car!

Should I get the manual and hope nothing breaks? Our better just go with the CVT ?It is really that bad to drive a manual in traffic ?

Thanks a lot! Any recommendation will help!

·
Village Idiot
2,450 Posts
I didn't know Cadillac made a WRX. I might have to pick me up one of those!

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,618 Posts
I've driven manual transmissions in city traffic for 34 years, so this fairly common question always seems odd to me. I can't imagine buying a sports car or sports sedan without a clutch pedal. But that's me, and it's entirely based upon my personal preference. I'd suggest test driving both, (if you haven't already) and see if the comparable "fun factor" is there for you in the CVT. No one can make that call for you, alas. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
I drive in stop and go traffic everyday with my 13 Sti and it doesn't bother me at'll. Manual isn't hard to learn you just go out in an empty parking lot for an hour or so and practice stopping and going and getting the clutch point down pat. The CVT is a Ok alternative if you must. Best of luck whatever you choose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And thanks guys, I think I will get the CVT, I just test drive it and wow, amazing car, I would like to get the manual but it is more expensive because it is 2017, the one I'm going to get is 2016 CVT, the dealer want to get rid of it because nobody want it so I got a really low price

Based on your experience, is the cvt a good option ? Our should I pick something else ? Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts