Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased my first 2017 wrx and wanted to start buying mods for it. I am about to hit the 1k break in mark and while doing some research I've heard that if you are going to be adding a lot of mods you will need a transmission torque converter? I was already going to get a cvt transmission cooler/engine oil cooler kit. I plan to keep it under 430hp just using bolt on mods/tune but what concerns me is the weather here in Florida is brutal so I want to make sure I'm covering everything and won't have issues down the road. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
86 Posts
Hello,

I just purchased my first 2017 wrx and wanted to start buying mods for it. I am about to hit the 1k break in mark and while doing some research I've heard that if you are going to be adding a lot of mods you will need a transmission torque converter? I was already going to get a cvt transmission cooler/engine oil cooler kit. I plan to keep it under 430hp just using bolt on mods/tune but what concerns me is the weather here in Florida is brutal so I want to make sure I'm covering everything and won't have issues down the road. Thanks in advance.
You shouldn't be as concerned about a torque converter at this point. If you only have 1,000 miles, you shouldn't be adding mods. Your engine will go boom, you need to break in your engine before you start adding modifications.

rAiN Twist - YouTube

· For External Use Only
3,884 Posts
That's completely incorrect rain twist.

However, if you plan to make 430hp Pixel, then you're going to need a lengthy list of modifications, including engine internals, as well as a built CVT Trans, I don't think they do very well with HP, even at stage 2 levels if I've read correctly

· In Æternum
23,701 Posts
Well it's good to have a torque converter anyways. It gives great low end torque.

rAiN Twist - YouTube
You clearly don't understand what a torque convertor is or does...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

· In Æternum
23,701 Posts
How do I not? A torque converter multiplies torque.

rAiN Twist - YouTube
Yes, it multiplies torque in the same way a reduction gear multiplies torque. This is the same thing a gearbox does albeit with less parasitic loss. Contextually your comment does not make sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

· For External Use Only
3,884 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.