Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new member here, i just recently bought a 2015 subaru wrx in cvt ( there is age restrictions for getting the manual in australia) so anyway i wanted to do it up and have some fun with it but have been reading a lot of negatives with installing a BOV or tuning the engine . my question is does anyone else have same model car and if so have they done any engine / performance mods on it to improve the car?? thanks in advance !!

·
Super Moderator
10,944 Posts
hey guys new member here, i just recently bought a 2015 subaru wrx in cvt ( there is age restrictions for getting the manual in australia) so anyway i wanted to do it up and have some fun with it but have been reading a lot of negatives with installing a BOV or tuning the engine . my question is does anyone else have same model car and if so have they done any engine / performance mods on it to improve the car?? thanks in advance !!
I find it humorous a country would disallow someone from buying a manual for what is presumably a safety issue but will allow them to drive the same vehicle in an auto making it easier for them to be just as deadly.

Subarus engine management strategy doesn't support blow off valves at all, tuned or not. You would have to switch to speed density and it's not worth it. They do support fully recirculating valves, and the factory one is darn good and can support fair power.

You don't need to modify anything on the car, you need to learn to drive, we've all been young, we all remember knowing better, and "being awesome drivers". We also look back knowing better. Learn to drive first, it takes many years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol thanks for the feedback. its a power to weight restriction in aus. anyway thats fine just looking for other people that may have done anything to the cvt.

·
Super Moderator
10,944 Posts
Jaysin here has a build thread on his CVT. Check the builds forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts