ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have tried searching this question but no real answer found. I have nothing to do today and was thinking about cutting the bottom of my air box off. I heard someone say they did this but didnt kno the outcome. If i were to cut a whole on the bottom of the airbox or a majority of the bottom off, will it effect performance? Will it change the sound? thanks chris

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
the silencer is what you mean i hope ;)

id remove it vs cutting incase you want to put it back in for whatever reason.

there are graphs floating around with concrete stats but i think for the most part its a bling mod.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gusto
well i already removed the silencer and was thinking about cutting a whole in the bottom of the airbox (if u were to look from underneath of the airbox, you could see my panel filter) i tought somone said they did this and it increased the sound. Thats what i am looking for really is to milk out a little more sound for free. I dont really think it will effect performance at all, but i kinda think it might make everything a tad louder. Just looking to see if anyone has done this.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I cut the bottom of the airbox of which exposes the whole bottom of the filter. I only left the side on that bolts to the frame so that I would have something to bolt the box to. It made the intake noise a bit louder. (That is a pos fram filter I had in while my perrin filter was drying. )

·
Registered
498 Posts
i dont recommend doing it, i just put in a PERRIN panel filter w/delete elbow and Im very happy with the performance...... dont do anything that you cant put right back together if you want to do something later down the road... just my advice....

·
Registered
397 Posts
Bah. Chop it up. If you are worried about a warranty or something, that is different. I am far beyond warranty concerns.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rickyh
did u notice any change in sound? turbo or BOV more audible?

·
Registered
498 Posts
stcktnkid said:
may i ask what the "grumble" sound would be? something that i shouldnt hear?
should just be the air going through the intake making the noise.....

·
Registered
397 Posts
It makes the intake noise more audible. I got the idea after i saw the blitz piece that does the same thing for 125 bux. I had time on my hands and I chopped the box up. Did it hurt anything, no. Did I notice any difference? Nothing beyone the extra intake noise. All cutting the box does is expose the filter more. It does not change the size of the maf tube, nor does it expose the filter to anymore crap than say a short ram does. If you aren't concerned with stock appearance or warranty concerns and want to make your intake louder, than this will work. It is sort of ghetto, but so what.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
summed it up perfectly..thats it im doing it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts