Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought for son / 04 wrx hybrid 2.5 bottom 2.0 top /cutting out hard @ almost WOT 3rd gear and up /in town pulls no issues / Sometimes misfire code cyl. 1&3 , No leaks in-boost tubes. ,FP good ,no drop out while cutting out /fuel injection cleaning done , coils done ,MAF cleaning done , has full exhaust no cat ,has new rear o2. I believe CEL wired in ,I don’t know if plugs are correct. It has stock for 2.0. Thanks shane

·
Super Moderator
11,456 Posts
How did you check for leaks, do you know if the vehicle was tuned for the rebuild

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used the snap on evap tester /disconnected it at the throttle body and the turbo No leaks. I think it had a custom tune installed when we got it .we didn’t know and my then 15yr old wanted to get a cobbs and I think we erased it when we installed the the Cobb’s tune. I want to cover everything then bring it to a tuner . I still don’t know what plugs. Or what the a/f cell is dong. I’m gonna go back to stock A/F and rear 02. Thanks for any help I can get.

·
Super Moderator
11,456 Posts
That may be the problem. I don't think cobb has an ots tune for the hybrid builds.

It should have backed up the map that was on the ECU when it was installed, try and flash that back and see if it helps. If not, getting a tune for the engine is definitely step one.

Also, adult to adult I hope the 15 year old is not the intended driver of this vehicle. These little vehicles can get out of hand very quickly and to a young driver prove too much to handle. Modified even more so. The safety features are not there to keep them safe either. There have been some gruesome tales here and other forums, don't let it be you or yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That may be the problem. I don't think cobb has an ots tune for the hybrid builds.

It should have backed up the map that was on the ECU when it was installed, try and flash that back and see if it helps. If not, getting a tune for the engine is definitely step one.

Also, adult to adult I hope the 15 year old is not the intended driver of this vehicle. These little vehicles can get out of hand very quickly and to a young driver prove too much to handle. Modified even more so. The safety features are not there to keep them safe either. There have been some gruesome tales here and other forums, don't let it be you or yours.
@

1 - 5 of 5 Posts