ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on placing an order for a 2012 STI around the first week of April. Does anyone have an idea of when orders would be cut off for 2012? I will ask the dealer I've been working with as well, but I don't want to give them an excuse to say "you better order today or forget it."

I know we won't know what the 2013 will be until Subaru speaks up, but if it's going to look like the renderings that are out there on the net AND it's going to cost more, I think I'd prefer a '12. And, I don't like buying the first year of a new model... Anyway, don't want to miss the order cutoff for a '12.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was told by my local dealer the cut off for the WRX and STI was mid April, not sure how true that is but the day I had asked the SOA rep was in house and confirmed what the salesman said...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same thoughts on wanting a '12 over a '13. Wasn't planning on getting one so soon, but if there's a cut off date, I might have to speed up my plans.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm interested to know what everyone else's thoughts are on this. If im not mistaken 2011's were orderable until about mid August last year, but perhaps that was just due to the Tsunami events. 2013's are all speculation at this point as there are conflicting reports on if the new model will come out for MY2013 or MY2014.

Lastly, to add to the rumor pool my sales rep did state that Subaru would only be making 3000 WRX/STI's this year due to attempts to increase subaru's overall MPG ratio on their cars.If that is true, then that would put the cutoff date in the April-May range(ish)

·
Registered
64 Posts
So that makes the 2012 that I have on order more rare? So I should just mothball it and bring it back out in 20years. Ummm to drive my 401K or not too? Of course my luck gasoline will be illegal in 20 years, so think I will drive the wheels off of it....

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
or start stockpiling gasoline too :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good point, and guns to protect my gasoline. hahaha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts